Romans 7:15-24 Can I overcome addiction and sin in my life?

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Romans 7:15-24 Can I overcome addiction and sin in my life?

Postby anlptgtsg » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:15 am

So I saw this today/yesterday and felt I should post here:
http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com ... n-my-life/

I know some people think that Paul isn't saying that he is still sinning and view this as another meaning. But I forgot, maybe some can post this kind of view and jog my memory.
anlptgtsg

Re: Romans 7:15-24 Can I overcome addiction and sin in my life?

Postby mdmrn » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:00 am

The thorn in Paul's side I've always understood from my discussions with Pastors and others to be some kind of sin. We do not know what kind of sin, but it's there. Paul is struggling. Does it mean he was still sinning? We don't know - but as Christ said, even if it's internal (lust, anger), it's still a sin. Paul understood that too and still struggled with some sinful thorn. We all do, as John points out in 1 John - we're all sinners & anyone who says otherwise is a liar & calling God a liar. This included Paul, who was susceptible to something. This passage reminds us we all fall short, we all have something sinful we are drawn to, and only through the power of Christ can we defeat it. On our own, in our own power - we will fail. In Christ's power, in His glorious grace - we can do it.
MDMRN
Christian -- Dad -- Husband -- Engineer -- Conservative -- Beard Aficionado -- General Dork
mdmrn

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth