Good roomate!

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Good roomate!

Postby Mave » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:40 am

Dear God,

Thank you so much for giving me a good roommate! Her name is Linda and she's from China.

Last year, I was going to be homeless (again) in the next few months and couldn't find anyone to be my roommate. I got a list from the university apartments of ppl who were looking for roomates from last year! I was kinda discouraged but I still thought, "Nuts, I'll try anyway."

To make a long story short, I moved in with someone that I hardly knew at all. Very risky but I told God, "I'm trusting you with this one, I'm desperate!"

Despite our differences, she has been very accomodating and we've gotten along very well. She's been patient with me being the noisier and more hyper one (XD). She's also been very cooperative as we worked out what we liked or didn't like. She's also patient with me using dialup and foruming on CAA every night (if it weren't for her, I won't be in CAA that often ^^). She always lets me know if her boyfriend is coming over (her bf is nice too, quiet, helpful and friendly person).

And best of all, she and her boyfriend always let me eat their cooking! :red: I'm so embarrassed to admit that I'm too busy to cook sometimes eventhough I'm the food scientist. *dies of shame* They're very generous and understanding. I'm glad I have a roomate who takes care of me, the busy hyper but hungry one. I am forever grateful being able to get some nutrients despite my workload and long nights. I must buy good food for them. Yum!

God is truly Great!
XD
Mave
Mave

Postby Da Rabid Duckie » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:11 am

Now that's a pretty good story (especially the part about the cooking)

I'd like a roommate, but I don't know how I'd avoid killing them. I'm so personal with my stuff.... or at least my computer.
Da Rabid Duckie -- Taking Over Your Country In Three Posts Or Less.

Join the Proud Nation of Temuoplis! Koei, Temuoplis!

Law of Japanese Animation #11 (Law of Inherent Combustibility)
Everything explodes. Everything.

In both real life and video games,
anything can be solved through the mass application of explosives. -- The Duck

Da Rabid Duckie, concerning Gypsy wrote:Gypsy doesn't realize this, but she's ditching whomever she's with and we're getting married. Uh huh. Yeah. Lil bro Zilch can be the best man, it'll be an explosive ceremony. Everyone is invited! We'll serve poutine at the reception, Straylight can DJ, and Shatterheart can start a mosh pit!
Gypsy, in acceptance wrote:Explosives and poutine? Alright!
Hey... she said it... :p
Da Rabid Duckie

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:25 pm

Live-in cook - those are the best roomies. :grin: XD Joking aside, I'm very happy for you. PTL!!!:jump:

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby wiggins » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:07 am

I'm happy for u too!
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth