We are butterflies

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

We are butterflies

Postby rocklobster » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:16 pm

OK, here's a story that i found in a Chicken Soup book that I think everyone needs to hear:
Once there was a boy who loved butterflies. One day, he found a cocoon. He ecstatically put the cocoon on his windowsill and eagerly awaited the day when the butterfly would emerge. When the butterfly began to emerge, he was even more excited. But the butterfly was having a difficult time of it, and the boy became concerned. He opened the cocoon and the butterfly emerged, but was unable to fly. Its wings were too heavy.
The boy's father happened to be an entymologist, someone who studies insects. He asked his father what went wrong. His father calmly explained that as the butterfly struggles, it is shaking the mucus off its wings. If you do not allow it to do this, its wings become too heavy and it cannot fly.
The moral: we are that butterfly. This is why we struggle. God wants us to be able to fly. If we did not struggle, we would be unable to fly.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Nate » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:49 pm

But...if He's all-powerful, he COULD make us able to fly without struggling. So I don't get it.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby alma » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:49 pm

I can see that story as an illustration of our daily struggle with our own old habits and everything that we do that is a burden to become what God intended us to be.
Ephesins 4:17-23
"Therefore, I tell you and insist on in the Lord not to live any longer like the gentiles live, thinking worthless thoughts. They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of their ignorance and hardness of heart. Since they have lost all sense of shame, they have abandoned themselves to sensuality and practice every kind of sexual perversion without restraint. However, that is not the way you came to know the Messiah. Surely you have listened to him and have been taught by him, since truth is in Jesus. Regarding your former way of life, you were taught to strip off your old nature, which is being ruined by its deceptive desires, to be renewed in your mental attitude, and to clothe yourselves with the new nature, which was created according to God’s image in righteousness and true holiness."
It is something God tell us to do and we also have his help, he gives us strength and guidance.
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth