Spiritual Gifts

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Spiritual Gifts

Postby Lynna » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:04 pm

Recently, I've been trying to find out what my spiritual Gift is. Does anyone here know what their spiritual Gift? What's your understanding of what a spiritual Gift is? If you have a Spiritual Gift, How did you find out what it is?
God Bless,
Lynna
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Atria35 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:20 pm

From my understanding of it, a spiritual gift is a talent or a love of something that God gives us in order to help others and glorify God.

There are a bajillion of them listed in the Bible, and probably more that aren't.

Mine? Haven't found it yet. At least, if I have I don't know it yet.
Atria35

Postby Makachop^^128 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:45 pm

My parents have a test based of the verses about spiritual gifts lol its almost like a personality test, I'm have a prophecy gift (really strong.....got the highest score you can get) and Exhorter next and then teacher.....in short I'm a very strong loud person O_O

edit:bad spelling O_O
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Furen » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:13 pm

Everyone has a spiritual gift after they decide to follow God so far as my understanding from my church

I took a SG test and got Exhortation and Teaching.

Exhortation is extreme encouragement (have been using the encouragement thread to hone that skill)

Teaching, was something that caught me off guard, but I found that it made sense in many ways.

Spiritual gift tests aren't too hard to find, the internet have a few good ones, and your home church/pastor would be able to help with this as well.

And the way you act could even show you what your gifts are as well.

This should also be noted that this doesn't mean you're perfect at it if God gave you a gift, you must use it, refine it. Otherwise it's not very helpful.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby rocklobster » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:59 am

Can you give me a link to that test, Furen?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby aliveinHim » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:28 am

I'm a pastor (more like a shepherd, not a preacher). My sister is a mercy and a giver. She's always the first one to give. Giving is my weakness.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Lynna » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:41 pm

rocklobster (post: 1503314) wrote:Can you give me a link to that test, Furen?

Seconded!

I've never known what to make of those quizes. They really work? :/

Of course, I've always treated writing as my spiritual Gift as Atria described Spiritual gifts...
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
Lynna

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:21 pm

I'm kind of skeptic about spiritual gift tests. But I guess their accuracy would depend on what definition for 'spiritual gift' you're using.

For Atria's definition, I hope my gift is writing. Hope. Don't know for sure though, since I'm pretty dense about that kind of thing. >_>
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Furen » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:16 pm

I took mine at my church, so I don't know what would be good tests, I'll check around and see what I can find!

I didn't take it, but it looks similar to what I took
Adult SG Test

Youth SG Test
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Lynna » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:02 pm

Ah, I think I've taken that test before. Unfortunaitly, it seems dependant on a whole bunch of experiences I've never had
Lynna

Postby Atria35 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Furen (post: 1503291) wrote:Everyone has a spiritual gift after they decide to follow God so far as my understanding from my church

I took a SG test and got Exhortation and [B]Teaching[/B].

Some spiritual gifts are ones that people have whether or not they're Christian- I've met good teachers that come from all sorts of spiritual bckgrounds.

But I also don't really care for tests because, as Lynna mentioned, some of them depend on things you've never experienced, or they're just glorified personality tests, which I don't really believe in either.
Atria35

Postby Okami » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:34 pm

We had to take a spiritual gifts test last year in my ministry class which was based on personality testing (in all reality, a spiritual gifts test is a form of personality test) which I unfortunately either 1.) lost my paperwork or 2.) accidentally threw it out. :( Dang it. But, I do recall that the 'grading scale' for each question was 1-6 (strongly disagree-strongly agree) and there were seven questions per category which was based on Romans 12:6-8.

I do remember taking time to sit down beforehand and praying over the test and my results, that God would show me something that lines up with what I feel He has placed as my calling to ministry. And upon scoring it afterwards, came up up with the seven questions for the category of Encouragement/Exhortation with all sixes (strongly agree). This not only fits my Myers-Briggs personality type (INFJ/the Counselor), but also my enneagram type (the Four/the Romantic), which coorespond in diagrams. :)

On a bit of a side note, it's been really cool and crazy to watch how my personality has shifted over the past two years, because as an incoming Freshman, I was an INTP...and then I started taking online quizzes last year, and everything was coming up INFJ which I got really excited about. Friends of mine were like, "You just want to be the Counselor!" but then upon reading a couple different descriptions of INFJ, would look at me and say "Yeah, that's you." and take back their accusations. All I know is that with how OCD freakishly clean I keep my room at all times, no one in my dorm doubts I'm a J. XD /loves personality tests and such.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Makachop^^128 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:41 pm

On a bit of a side note, it's been really cool and crazy to watch how my personality has shifted over the past two years,

yea I know....when i was little I was a Prosever, mercy, now I'm a prosever, exhorter. I think I will always be a prosever though lol I got everythign really strong on that mark.
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:02 pm

I found out mine was helping people at any point in time when I see that they need help. Now I know that that is probably just a common sense thing or moral choice or whatever. But I was raised to help anyone that needed it. Even at the expense of my happiness. I don't care if it hurts me physically or emotionally. As long as your happy then I have don't what I was created for. I take this role very seriously. I know I kid around alot and I joke around alot. But I do that to make you happy. If you need a shoulder to cry on. I'm there. If you need a helping hand in your daily lives. I'm there. I'm the smiling face that you see walk by you in the day. I'm the person that holds you when your sad. I'm the friend that hugs you when your happy. I'm always here for you. If you need me. Call me......that's me in a nutshell.
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth