How's your walk with God this week?

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

How's your walk with God this week?

Postby aliveinHim » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:48 am

Hey everyone,

This is just meant to talk about how you're doing in your relationship with God in the positive way. This is not meant to be a boast or a brag but just tell how you've been growing closer to God.

God has been showing me the importance of first time obedience. In reality, you save yourself a lot of grief and pain. Even though it doesn't always feel good for being obedient, there are blessings in the end for those who obey. Haggai 1 is a good chapter which basically sums up everything I've been taking to heart this week.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby ABlipinTime » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:53 pm

Good question. Something to think about. Except that God is on my mind frequently these days. He doesn't want me to forget Him.

This year, I've been training to have God as my life-pivot relationship - the one that's going to steer me. Seems like we should all have that, but what I mean is something different.
The basic lesson: why pursue anything else when your ultimate goal is an intimate relationship with God? Everything should build towards that. Even your relationships with other people can build towards that: love for others => love for God.
:)
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth