Discipleship Help?

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Discipleship Help?

Postby Kunoichi » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:05 pm

I know that discipleship training is usually done through a church or through someone who is spiritually mature. I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can have this done through an online environment. I have no way to get to a church physically and I don't know anyone where I am that is spiritually mature.

Thanks

God bless

Kuno
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby TWWK » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:24 pm

I think there are definite disadvantages to doing this in an online environment, but there would be some advantages, too. The thing about discipleship, I've learned, is not only must the person be more mature than you, he or she (definitely needs to be the same gender as you!) must care about you and must be committed. That said, it would probably be best if you found someone you know online and ask that person to disciple you. Just my advice. :P
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Hiryu » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:31 am

It can be done. Skype would help.
Hiryu

Postby Kunoichi » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:36 am

Thank you TWWK and Hiryu for the advice.

TWWK: The problem I'm finding is that I can't seem to find anyone who can disciple me..not that their aren't more spiritually mature Christians or anything. I just don't know anybody.
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby TWWK » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:17 am

Perhaps until you find someone like that in your life, you should do other things to help you grow in your faith. For instance, you could more easily find an accountability partner. You and she can mutually push each other to grow in your faith. My guess is that you could easily find someone an accountability here on this forum.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Hiryu » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:44 am

If you have any questions, feel free to make a topic on it.
Hiryu

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth