God of all comfort

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

God of all comfort

Postby bkilbour » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:00 pm

Psalm 27:10
“Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will hold me close.â€
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby Lynna » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:06 pm

Awesome!!! Just out of curiosity, did you post this because ou saw me quote that verse in the Prayer room?
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby KougaHane » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:25 am

Although I don't recall ever mentioning it to anyone on the site I certainly know what it is to be deceived and betrayed. So many people in my life have claimed to be interested in what I think or say and then turn their back when I get boring, or they see something in me they don't like. This has lead to a gradual buildup of frustration and a general mistrust of every single human being on earth. I know that this feeling is not of God simply by the way it feels: cold and lonely. I recently started college and met some really great people at a Christian center on campus, but 3 days after meeting them they hardly talk to me anymore and don't really seem to care if I even continue existing. I had thought for a while that I actually found people I could trust but now my trust is shaken once again. I really need your prayers to get over this. Thanks for listening and for your post
chatbot 09:36 - KougaHane asks, Will you be my friend?
My answer: No
KougaHane 09:36 - T_T
KougaHane

Postby Sheenar » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:57 pm

Yes, people are notoriously flaky --that I know very well from experience. But God is always faithful --even when we ourselves walk away from Him, He still loves us and draws us back to Himself.
Safe people are very important to have in life --at least one person who you can go to for help, comfort, or to be set right in love (when you screw up --I love having a friend who will call me out for something instead of allowing me to continue doing something wrong or hurtful.) It can take time to find that person --never give up. The people that dismiss you aren't worth getting upset over --keep making friends and meeting new people (church and campus ministries are good places to look --you may also meet someone in your department of study.) Pray for God to bring that close friend into your life --He will. We are made to be around other people --we can't live in isolation. That is why loneliness and isolation hurt so much --we need other people. And why it hurts so much when we are betrayed/left by those close to us.
But keep going. Trust in the Lord. He is the one thing that will never change. People will come and go, but He is always there.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby bkilbour » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:51 pm

@Lynna - it sparked it after I was mulling over the subject :D

@KougaHane; I understand really well, brother, and my thourhgts and prayers are goin' out for you. I remember being at college trying to fit into intervarsity.... and yeah. It took a long time and a lot of persistence.

@ Sheenar; Too true, sis! I couldn't have said it better myself.
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby Kunoichi » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:36 pm

Well said and posted Blk. (BTW phone is kind of sort of working again).

That verse you posted actually was my favorite growing up due to my home life. I think something you mentioned or someone mentioned was that people hurt. I think eventually we are always going to get disappointed or hurt by someone either majorily or minorily. Either way. I know that I've hurt people, however unintentionally, and while it really hurts to realize I've done that to people, I also know that God will continue to shape me and mold me to hopefully be a better person than I've been before.

I hope you are doing well bro and may God bless you richly.
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth