Atheism Experience!!

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Atheism Experience!!

Postby I will rise » Tue May 11, 2010 1:16 pm

Peace and Grace,,
well I like to share with u guys a little testimony of my life hoping it will be beneficial....
I raised to a Christian family who isn't too religious or too loose but still conserving religious commandments in their heart.. not like going to the church frequently..
When I was young nearly 13 or 14 years old I haven't been interested in religion and just concerned about other fun and world things..
I remember my bro crying to me to pray I prayed with him once but didn't felt spirituality..
I was believing in God then until the worst thing come up.. Atheism
I hadn't very much friends so in summer vacations I used to stay surfing the internet for hours , till a website called "Atheists Arabs" came through , I read and read and read in my mind I was saying "what trivial minds they have God sure exists".. I closed the computer and the idea of atheism was controlling my mind , it was irresistable I was thinking about it nearly 24 hours before I sleep , while waking up , till I surrendered and said God doesn't exist!!!! I hid this feeling inside my heart not telling anyone but keeping it to myself...
I was moving on with my atheist feeling and excelling in school having straight As in subjects
Till I reached grade 9 my life changed , the straight As report turned into B and Cs , I felt so weak , I felt like I am empty , like I need God , I need someone filling my heart filling my empty self
I felt like I must read about religions to find the God who live in me I read about judaism , islam , bahaai's , buddhism but still I found no God like in Christianity loving and caring and sacrifacier

Well it's trivial testimony but longing to hear yours , anybody had atheism experience?
I will rise

Postby bkilbour » Tue May 11, 2010 5:40 pm

Hey, don't put yourself down, man! I am proud of your decision to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ!

I wasn't an atheist, but I might as well have been - I was into occultic things, alchemy and ninjitsu, before I found Christ. I tried so many different esoteric beliefs until I finally discovered that not only were they run by the devil, but they would never help me or love me the way Jesus does!

I am so happy for you, man, and I will be praying for your continued walk and blessing in God's grace!
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue May 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Great you decided to follow God!
I never really dealt atheism, but I know before I was a christian I had a really hard time putting trust in God.
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby I will rise » Wed May 12, 2010 5:36 am

as you said bkilbour , they would have never helped me or love me the way Jesus did!!
That what makes Christianity significant , the loving and caring of God and that makes sense since there are many evil in the world and God just waits and wants us to repent..

Thanks for your prayers God bless u
I will rise

Postby I will rise » Wed May 12, 2010 11:16 am

thanks makachop for your comment and yeah christian God worth trusting xD
I will rise

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed May 12, 2010 2:35 pm

I had a big time one from ever since I was young to the age of 10. To be honest I was rather spoiled as it was more a situation of God coming to me than me coming to God. It was something that transcended sense in it's word and was frequent and well-timed enough to not be of odds or coincidence. Both on the inside and outside.

That aside, a word of warning. We have a pretty strict non-debate rule on CAA which does limit us a great deal to talking down ( Or at times even talking about ) other walks of faith or other walks in general. So however you want to articulate your experience be cautious.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth