Praise For Tears

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Praise For Tears

Postby Dante » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:59 pm

This is going to sound strange, but... as many of you may or may not know. I currently suffer from a past of my own stupidity. I have done things to myself, that are deeply unspeakable in the name of purpose. And over the last few months, I have lost almost all ability to experience emotion. I can mimic it, I can speak it naturally, but it's as though I didn't experience it. As though I were dead watching on already from beyond the grave.

Perhaps though, worst of this experience is that I haven't had the ability to cry for almost two years now in my memory. I have wanted to, but even when I gained the rare feeling of sadness or the frequent feeling of extreme emotional pain or unbearable stress, it were as though a dam held back the waters of my soul. And slowly I drowned beneath the tears unreleased. Tears are a strange thing, because humans are one of the few creatures that cry when we are sad. So if I couldn't cry, I even felt that I had lost my humanity.

So, this has strangely been one of the things I have desired for a long time, and tonight as the rain fell on Flagstaff and the smell or earth filled the air once again. I cried. I cried for ten, fifteen minutes. I was actually in public, but wouldn't stop myself for the world. I felt the feeling of moist warm salty dewdrops roll down my cheek and the release of so much pain from within my crooked soul. I could have cried for hours, but five, ten, fifteen minutes I simply lost myself in the bliss and was thankful for every moment. It was everything I had so long desired. God it was so much release that I so very much needed. So, I want to post a strange report of praise, a praise to say that I am thankful to God for that, for a few moments of being human.

I know that I still have a long journey back to being me, to being a fully alive once again. And I so very much need God to restore my soul, but I at least have this fragment of hope, this fragile and beautiful feeling of a few tears. And I wanted to post, to say I treasured them. I want to feel more of them, I want to feel every emotion that I have long forgotten and experience life in the color that I threw away so long ago. But right now, I just want to post to be thankful, thankful for a few tears.

:sniffle:
-Pascal
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby Sammy Boy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:35 am

Hi Pascal, thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us.

Thank God he brought tears back into your life!
Sammy Boy

Postby bkilbour » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:45 pm

Tears are a blessing - how else could we express our sorrow? And God feels sorrow too (I am sure He cries too), so this is a reassurance that you are made in His image, Pascal. I am glad that this gift was given to you.
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth