Deer me

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Deer me

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:56 am

So...last night on the way home from work, some deer thought it would be a good idea to cross the highway and attempt to jump over the hood of my car (while my car was in flight, mind you). I am fine, but the animal is now in the great deer forest in the sky. My car windshield is toast. Car body is fine. Other than a temporarily raised heart-rate, yours truly is also fine (thank God). My wife (who wasn't in the car) was a bit distressed tho. She's a worrier. =) The replacement isn't going to be expensive, so that's a blessing. *exhales* I will be glad when it's fixed, and the incident is over.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Reon » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:12 am

Glad your safe =) One of my favorite roads to drive on almost daily is a haven for critters so I've had a lot of deer close calls. The good news is, your safe =D and guessing the critter went to heaven on impact. I wanted to cry when I hit a skunk and it hobbled off the road the same way my dog does when his leg hurts. I pry prayed three plus times that God would kill it quickly or a coyote would finish the job. Insurance pick up the windshield? Deductible?
[color="DimGray"]
[SIZE="1"][font="Arial Narrow"]....[/font][/SIZE]
[/color]
Reon

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:22 am

Reon (post: 1379966) wrote:Glad your safe =) One of my favorite roads to drive on almost daily is a haven for critters so I've had a lot of deer close calls. The good news is, your safe =D and guessing the critter went to heaven on impact. I wanted to cry when I hit a skunk and it hobbled off the road the same way my dog does when his leg hurts. I pry prayed three plus times that God would kill it quickly or a coyote would finish the job. Insurance pick up the windshield? Deductible?

Yeah thanks, Reon =). Ah, the wonders of rural living.

No, I only have liability coverage for my car. But, its cool b/c windshield replacement is not too expensive (177). My family car (minivan!) has comprehensive w/ a 100 dollar deductible. So, the price of the repairs are 177. I would have to pat @ least 100 of that, and I have probably saved @ least 77 dollars in insurance premiums by not having the vehicle comprehensively covered. Still and all tho, I am going to get comp coverage after this...I'd be in a pickle if I had damage to the body of the car!
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:28 pm

Update:

Situation resolved. Good as new windshield. No more carpooling. Whoo!

Also: The deer is now officially my least favorite mammal.
TheSubtleDoctor

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth