Praise God: deliverance through prayer

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Praise God: deliverance through prayer

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:42 pm

I usually make a really lousy witness because I can all too easily fall into a kind of darkness that's almost unimaginable, this demon of despair and hopelessness who's been tormenting me since I was little.

In particular it comes upon me whenever I feel well enough to declare my intentions to do something like go out to eat. Or anything 'normal' that a lot of people take for granted, it could be going to a movie or shopping or taking a drive.

Then the demon gets creative and thinks of ways to keep me inside and isolated, and it's as though nothing has any meaning: "Well, we're all going to die anyway so what's the point of being happy?"

This week was a prime example. We made plans to go out, but certain incidents triggered fighting and misery all day, and at the height of the darkness, I prayed. Rather angrily, too: "If you're there, then HELP me!"

And after I prayed, in a miracle, almost at once my mood lifted. I stopped fighting, apologized to those I had wronged. We went out, had dinner. Had fun.

I know this doesn't sound like much. And it's not. Not compared to what many many people are going through. But it was a victory, it was real to me, and I wanted to tell SOMEONE.

Thanks be to God.
Fics an' pics from the Royal Otaku-ness of Squee

Heart of Sock!

"Those who never know a sleepless night cannot become strong; that is the rule."
Sailor Kenshin

Postby sdzero » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:21 pm

That a way! You fought the darkness and prevailed! Stay strong and never give up. :thumb:
Under Construction

PSN ID - Sandmanzero
sdzero

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:18 pm

This would be better in Testimonies and Spiritual Growth ^__^

I'm glad everything worked out ^__^ There's always light beyond the darkness (that sounded a bit corny didn't it) 8D
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Reon » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:56 am

Seeking God for the answer, holler atcha! :thumb:

Phil 4:6-7
[color="DimGray"]
[SIZE="1"][font="Arial Narrow"]....[/font][/SIZE]
[/color]
Reon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:13 am

Thanks---I wasn't exactly sure where to post this. Can a moderator move it to the right spot? :sniffle:
Fics an' pics from the Royal Otaku-ness of Squee

Heart of Sock!

"Those who never know a sleepless night cannot become strong; that is the rule."
Sailor Kenshin

Postby steenajack » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:44 pm

That was pretty amazing dude. I've actually been through a mildly similar experience. Thanks for sharing. :)
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth