Moving On

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Moving On

Postby SeraphicCharm » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:16 am

Well, God has done a lot in the past couple months!!!!

I'm one of those people who was basically born in church, raised in a Christian home with no problems, the whole bit. We think we know what is going to happen in our lives, but God ultimately determines all of that. I had been drifting away from God ever so slightly since I started high school. I fell into the trap of complacency, and I often just forgot to spend time with God. I thought I was on the right track with God, at least more than some other people were. But in all reality, I am no better than anybody else. God had the perfect solution to all this, though. My parents became stateside missionaries, and after raising support for two years, we moved 700 miles away from our home to the headquarters of the ministry we were serving.

So now I had to start over. New church home, new friends, new life. Through all this, I kept screaming out to God in my mind, but I couldn't hear His voice or feel His presence. This went on for some time, but nothing I could do helped anything. That was my problem; I was trying to do it. I personally like being in control, knowing what's going to happen, and I have a big fear of the unknown.

It's been nearly six months now, and God has had to teach me a lot about trusting Him with absolutely everything. In retrospect, I can clearly see that God was sparing me from some very painful situations that would have occurred had I stayed where I was. I can now say that I have gotten much closer to God and have found a great new home church and friends. May God be praised for the work He still does today!!!
SeraphicCharm

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth