It's all about HIM...

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

It's all about HIM...

Postby animeguild53 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:53 am

i'm still 17 years old, yet i'm glad that i was able to know how good GOD is.. when i was yet ignorant about HIM and HIS love, i did not do anything bad but i was empty.. it was like there was a hole in the deepest part of my heart that HE alone can fill.. i grew up in the philippines, i thank GOD that HE allowed me to be on a country free to worship HIM.. i was in highschool when i knew about HIM, and until now... i enjoy being with HIM... HE said that the world would hate those who love HIM.. and i usually feel that... there are times that even in watching anime or reading manga... something is like condemning me for doing so.. telling me that watching anime is like loving the world.. all kinds of lies... well, expectedly, satan is the father of lies.. it's his nature... i don't care about him... all i believe is that nothing can separate me from GOD's love... and i believe that it's alright... i know how to draw quite a bit... it's HIS gift.. so i would use it to bring HIM glory... that's why sometimes i read manga as reference.. hehe... GOD is really Good! i also thank HIM for allowing us the internet to communicate to other believers (like you..:thumb:) let's glorify JESUS in everything we do and everyday we will see how good HE is! love you brothers and sisters in CHRIST!
animeguild53

Postby SeraphicCharm » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:47 pm

amen to that!!!!!! i've felt the same way a hundred times! with feeling like anime is worldly, i know exactly what you're talking about. my mom isn't a big fan of the whole thing, but i do it anyway since i really enjoy it. but i'm glad we have this site to make sure we're using anime for His Kingdom!!!! My mom is also half Filipino and was born in the Philippines, so hooray for you!!!!! i wish i knew more though....especially Tagalog.... ^_^
SeraphicCharm

Postby talitha cumi » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:29 am

What a nice surprise! I thought only animeguild53 and I are Filipinos here (though you're totally not a Filipino) ..but at least.. Do you know how to speak in Tagalog?? I wonder if there are more Filipino members in CAA..

I'm not suffering from anime condemnation thing but I do have some businesses with Satan's accusation a lot of times too.. I can totally relate on you guys.. Thank GOD we can still handle such things.. He's ultimately good... Yeah!
[SIZE="1"][color="DarkOrange"]somewhere between the hot and the cold
somewhere between the new and the old
somewhere between who I am and who I used to be
somewhere in the middle, You'll find me...

somewhere between the wrong and the right
somewhere between the darkness and the light
somewhere between who I was and who You're making me
[color="Lime"][SIZE="4"]LORD[/SIZE][/color], somewhere in the middle, You'll find me...

[by Casting Crowns][/color][/SIZE]
talitha cumi

Postby SeraphicCharm » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:36 pm

talitha cumi (post: 1358662) wrote:What a nice surprise! I thought only animeguild53 and I are Filipinos here (though you're totally not a Filipino) ..but at least.. Do you know how to speak in Tagalog?? I wonder if there are more Filipino members in CAA..

heavens, i desperately wish i knew more Tagalog...i love the language, but i only know bits and pieces of it. my grandmother (born and raised in the Philippines) loves to hear Tagalog. haha, i also love the food!!!!!!! i have some relatives who are full Filipino, and they always had the best food. I <3 PANCIT!!! one of my fav foods of all time.
SeraphicCharm

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:56 pm

I'm half (on my mom's side).
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby animeguild53 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:46 am

SeraphicCharm (post: 1358756) wrote:heavens, i desperately wish i knew more Tagalog...i love the language, but i only know bits and pieces of it. my grandmother (born and raised in the Philippines) loves to hear Tagalog. haha, i also love the food!!!!!!! i have some relatives who are full Filipino, and they always had the best food. I <3 PANCIT!!! one of my fav foods of all time.

..wow! good to know that there are people here who appreciate tagalog.. haha! i really pray you could learn lots of it.. and the food.. agree to that.. filipino dishes are indeed delicious..
[color="black"][SIZE="1"]
When I fall, [color="White"]HE[/color] lifts me up!
When I fail, [color="White"]HE[/color] forgives!
When I am [color="White"]weak[/color], HE is strong!
[color="White"]When I am lost, HE is the way![/color]
[color="White"]When I am afraid, HE is my cou[/color]rage!
When I [color="White"]stumble, HE[/color] steadies me!
When I am [color="White"]hurt[/color], HE heals me!
When I am[color="White"] broke[/color]n, HE mends me!
When I am [color="White"]blind[/color], HE leads me!
When I am [color="White"]hung[/color]ry, HE feeds me!
When I face [color="White"]trial[/color]s, HE is with me!
When I face [color="White"]pers[/color]ecution, HE shields me!
When I face [color="White"]prob[/color]lems, HE comforts me!
When I face [color="White"]loss[/color], ]HE provides for me!
When I face [color="White"]Deat[/color]h, HE carries me Home![/SIZE]

from http://emailministry.org/stories2.asp?id=1481[/color]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[color="Red"]... i'm a CHRISTian who happens to be a Student...[/color]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
animeguild53

Postby animeguild53 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:56 am

SeraphicCharm (post: 1358608) wrote:amen to that!!!!!! i've felt the same way a hundred times! with feeling like anime is worldly, i know exactly what you're talking about. my mom isn't a big fan of the whole thing, but i do it anyway since i really enjoy it. but i'm glad we have this site to make sure we're using anime for His Kingdom!!!! My mom is also half Filipino and was born in the Philippines, so hooray for you!!!!! i wish i knew more though....especially Tagalog.... ^_^

in my case, it's not for enjoyment only but it is somehow connected to what GOD has given me... [the gift to draw and to imagine].. it's really hard whenever you watch your favorite anime while hearing satan's voice telling you you are too worldy! grrrrr:bang:... there was a time when i even cried for thinking that anime could be a form of idolatry... :(whoah! after reflecting on GOD's Word for a whole day and hearing advices from friends and the church people that i know, of course i've known it to be a lie... thank GOD... GODbless to you! :angel:
[color="black"][SIZE="1"]
When I fall, [color="White"]HE[/color] lifts me up!
When I fail, [color="White"]HE[/color] forgives!
When I am [color="White"]weak[/color], HE is strong!
[color="White"]When I am lost, HE is the way![/color]
[color="White"]When I am afraid, HE is my cou[/color]rage!
When I [color="White"]stumble, HE[/color] steadies me!
When I am [color="White"]hurt[/color], HE heals me!
When I am[color="White"] broke[/color]n, HE mends me!
When I am [color="White"]blind[/color], HE leads me!
When I am [color="White"]hung[/color]ry, HE feeds me!
When I face [color="White"]trial[/color]s, HE is with me!
When I face [color="White"]pers[/color]ecution, HE shields me!
When I face [color="White"]prob[/color]lems, HE comforts me!
When I face [color="White"]loss[/color], ]HE provides for me!
When I face [color="White"]Deat[/color]h, HE carries me Home![/SIZE]

from http://emailministry.org/stories2.asp?id=1481[/color]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[color="Red"]... i'm a CHRISTian who happens to be a Student...[/color]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
animeguild53

Postby talitha cumi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:03 am

I can teach you Tagalog if you want...hehe... Have you tried eating the "adobo"?.. It's one of the Filipino specialties when it comes to food.. and as an info, there are many Christians here in our country..

I'm looking forward to meet you and your family..

to K.ayato: I assume you have inherited some of the Filipino characters of your mom..hmmp..

[color="Lime"][SIZE="4"]LORD[/SIZE][/color], somewhere in the middle, You'll find me...

talitha cumi

Postby SeraphicCharm » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:57 pm

oh my word if you started a Tagalog thread i would looooove to learn!!!! :-D *pretty please?*

i'm so happy and relieved that we as Christians have a safe place for the love of anime!
SeraphicCharm

Postby talitha cumi » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:50 pm

hmmp.. It's my pleasure to teach you then.. Maybe I'll just post a thread in the forums for "General" topics... see yah there! ..

I changed my mind??>.. hehe.. I don't know what to post.. Do you have a facebook??... Maybe I can teach you there.. I just thought that Tagalog has nothing to do with CAA.. hehe.. God bless!

talitha cumi

Postby SeraphicCharm » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:03 am

talitha cumi (post: 1359204) wrote:hmmp.. It's my pleasure to teach you then.. Maybe I'll just post a thread in the forums for "General" topics... see yah there! ..

I changed my mind??>.. hehe.. I don't know what to post.. Do you have a facebook??... Maybe I can teach you there.. I just thought that Tagalog has nothing to do with CAA.. hehe.. God bless!

haha, great! Thank you!

well, you could still post a thread on here. i know there are already ones for Japanese and Korean, so Tagalog would fit right in! it's up to you though.
SeraphicCharm

Postby Riggidig » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:07 am

I'm not Filipino, but I can relate: A lot of times I have this little voice in my head telling me that EVERYTHING I like, be it anime, movies, music, video games, martial arts, animation, etc is wordly and that I'm against God. I get very depressed then, cause I don't really know what else to do, if it's wrong for me to like them. I feel like I should be pushing all those things aside, and that REALLY gets me down :-(
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Postby talitha cumi » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:54 pm

It seems like we should listen carefully to what God is telling us.. Satan has a lot of accusations and he will always find ways to put us down.. Glad that we have the Holy Spirit w/ us to teach us how to fight the evil one..

to SeraphicCharm, mm.. i'll try posting...

I just posted a new thread in the General.. just read it.. God bless!

talitha cumi

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth