We really are such children...

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

We really are such children...

Postby Momo-P » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:02 am

Yanno, it's weird to think back on it. When my mom first sat me on the living room floor, I distinctively remember becoming bitter over tying my shoes. I also remember being distressed because they promised me a favorite toy if I'd start using the potty...

Any adult would hate to compare such childhood lessons with their adult life, but yanno...it's sad to say how little has changed.

The Bible informs us time and time again how God will use situations to lift us up and make us stronger, but it never changes a thing. Every time we suffer problems, you'd swear up and down that this is it. The world is gonna end. Just like that time the world was gonna end when you had to tie your shoes. Just like that time the world was gonna end when you didn't wanna worry about some potty.

Although I can't say the ride is any fun, thanks to some problems I've been suffering recently, God's doing it once again. Once again I've learned something I probably never would've unless He did this to me...and once again, I'm pretty sure the world isn't gonna end.

[SIZE="1"]Still would be nice if these problems would stop soon though. <<; XD[/SIZE]
Momo-P

Postby bkilbour » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:39 am

Hebrews 12 fits this perfectly.
Just don't stop believing in the Lord, and don't hurt anyone or sin in response to your suffering; it will be difficult, but ti'll be alright.
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby Barracuda777 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:05 pm

james 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3. because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Barracuda777

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth