Your only limit is yourself (myself?)

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Your only limit is yourself (myself?)

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:54 am

I think I've come to the conclusion that I often underestimate people. This causes me to be surprised by people and then end up liking them more.

I think it's because the one I underestimate the most is myself sometimes. But I think this can be somewhat rectified when looking back in my life.

Growing up, I always hated getting into fights. I feared fighting itself. This was partnered with the fact that I grew up taking Tae Kwon Do. As a result, I became a confused child. One day in highschool, I got mad at some kids for some reason and I always imagined myself beating them up in a totally heroic and justifiable way. Add some Asian moves in the flair and my daydreams were pretty fun.

Then one day I just decided that I wasn't going to be scared of getting into fights anymore.

Still never really gotten into one since then, though. But the point is that I probably underestimated myself and saw myself as weak. I don't really entertain that that self-loathing thought anymore.

I had no idea how I'd be able to get through with my parents separating, from a full house to just my mom and me. I made it though.

I had no idea how I'd cope and learn with certain life-long traits of mine. I made it through.

I had no idea how I'd learn to drive. I made it through.

I had no idea how I'd get over that one random food poisoning I got. I made it through.

I had no idea with what I wanted to do with my academic endeavors. I made it though.

I had no idea how I'd get over past heartaches. I made them through.

So I tell myself "How will I make through this right now?" Well looking back, my track record has been pretty good.

And God's a pretty cool guy and gives us this: "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." - Hebrews 12:11.

So I think I'll make it through.

You'll make it through too.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:38 pm

Heh. Having been fighting with my job since I finally got duties, things have been getting slowly worse for my mental state. Added in to the other frustrations I've got spiritually, and life has been kind of suck right now. Today I was actually probably about two steps from just walking out to my car on break and having a good cry.

You've actually really given me something good to think on. Thank you.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Sheenar » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:57 pm

Same here. I've really been struggling myself.

Amazing how God has provided so wonderfully for me in the past, yet I still continue to doubt deep down that He will continue to do so. Even though I know in my head that He will.

Thank you for the words of encouragement, Ryan.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby DignifiedSoul » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:26 pm

Oh!My mom told me that verse.It's really nice.It's kind of true though how I underestimate myself too.I always think that I can't do this,I can't do that.But everything is possible with the Almighty Most High God.

A few months ago when I was still in school I was going to take the Integrated Algebra Regents and I was in 8th grade at the time.I came into Integrated Algebra for a short period of time to prepare for the regents.I thought that I was clueless and stupid but...wow..God is so merciful.I prayed and studied really hard the night before the exam and I passed the regents!!!And now I'll be going to Geometry!Yippee!!!God is so great! ^_^
[font="Century Gothic"][color="YellowGreen"]When you fall in love with Jesus,you fall out of love with the world - Ron Luce[/color][/font]
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"][font="Arial"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color][/font][color="DarkOrchid"] [font="Comic Sans MS"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color][/font][/font] :jump:
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Pink"]"We love because God loved us first." 1 John 4:19 NIV[/color][/font]
http://dignifiedsoul.blogspot.com
[color="PaleGreen"]"Proud member of [color="PaleGreen"]MOES[/color]!"[/color]
DignifiedSoul

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:49 am

Thanks for sharing this, Ryan. I think we all need to be reminded of this at times.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth