God is amazing!!!

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

God is amazing!!!

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:14 pm

Now that I have a computer again and remember to come here, I would like to tell you about my recent experience.

So, I won't go into details, but lately is has seemed as if my life had gone into a lull. I just got up and did my routine, day in and day out. Spiritual life wise, I went to church but I didn't really feel anything, had trouble focusing, and almost never prayed.

Also, lately, I feel I've been looking for and desiring a "best friend", one that will always be there, I can tell them about anything, and will completely understand me.

Then, last week, I go to a summer camp called Trinity Pines. And while Monday had nothing significant spiritually, on Tuesday morning we have an hour called "Myspace" where we have to go by ourselves and meditate on God.

Well, I go up this mountain with a pen and notebook ready(I forgot my Bible at home) and find a nice stump to sit upon, which a beautiful view. During all of this, I take out my notebook and start writing how I feel, with no plan in my mind. I start writing about what I need.

Then my epiphany came. And I realized that Jesus has all the things I need. And not only that, those last few months I described had all just been part of his plan, just for this one hour. Then, I begin praying, and ask God to once more come into my life.

So, as the next few days unfold, everything I asked came. Two of my friends has used the "mail" system, and I noticed the friend I had been closest to before was just like I had hoped. God gave me clarity, which I had asked for, and everything else!

But the story doesn't end there. There was someone I began talking and became friends with there, because of mentioning Spirited Away. We hadn't really talked the next day, but then on Thursday, which had the last night chapel, she pulled on my cheek and dragged me away, and we began to talk somemore. That night at chapel the speaker had anyone who wanted to share their camp experience come up and tell it. She went up, and described her life situation and how crappy it is, to the point where she was crying as she told it. Then I was able to comfort her, simply because we started talking about Naruto a couple hours ago.

God would be the ultimate chess player, because his long term planning is so amazing! Sorry if this sounds cheesy or kind of dumb because I paraphrased it, it's long enough already though.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth