the World now-a-days and stress

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Postby foolishbunny » Sun May 31, 2009 1:36 pm

I've been getting depressed alot seeing how many people discard religion now a days like all songs are putting out sin and people are eating it up. people are hardening their hearts and the worst part ppl still think they'll go to heaven like my father he commits adultry and all these other thing he even believes in other religions but he still believes he'll just dilly dally into heaven and alot of ppl are i know this because i was there i was saying prayers and then off to go watch hentai and i thought i was fine but its not!
i usually get depressed but i have to keep striving because i may influence someone else and don't be mislead just because your stressed out doesn't mean your doing something wrong even Jesus got stressed we should be honored to go thought hard times and concider it a blessing

any other testimonies about modern world stress

people look at me weird because i say my grace before i eat stuff even a candy bar or when i wall on my kness and pray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ-p09YLmQg&feature=related

heres and awesome video from shai linne one my fav rappers
foolishbunny

Postby foolishbunny » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:22 am

and today at school kids were making fun of scripture!
they were talking about how the burning bush was weed and all these other things and then kids all claimed how they dont believe and one of them joking around had on a chain with jesus on it!!!! it makes no sense!!!
foolishbunny

Postby Gelka » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:01 am

That's when we pray for them. You should continue to be a good example and simply and quietly pray for them.
Gelka

Postby Garland » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:40 pm

I know how that feels.
It's annoying, but sin creeps up on us all, so don't feel alone when you are discouraged.
I, Garland, will knock you all down!-Garland (FF1)

Gruve Nitro's website
Gruve Nitro is a band whose genre is considered (by me) "Christian Funk." It is based off the old Earth Wind and Fire style, and some of the original players play on the album as well as Ray Parker Jr. (from the Ghostbusters theme)

Fortune Cookie:Behind an able man, there are always.
Garland

Location: Somewhere between a machine's logic and a person's consciousness

Postby foolishbunny » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:11 am

sigh and just now i saw an upside down cross saying satan lives
foolishbunny

Postby Reon » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:39 am

Vileness and corruption.
That's what happens when you have a world with sin in it / the absence of light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zslw6WulFo
=)
[color="DimGray"]
[SIZE="1"][font="Arial Narrow"]....[/font][/SIZE]
[/color]
Reon

Postby foolishbunny » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:14 am

sigh its depressing
foolishbunny

Postby HondaTooru » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:16 pm

I know what you mean! The Bible warns us not to have "lukewarm" faith too! (See Revelation 3:15-16) And in Matthew 7:21-23, Jesus is basically talking about how our lives reflect our character. As the quote goes on the intro to DC Talk's "What if I Stumble", "The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is simply what an unbelieving world finds unbelievable."

What does it mean to be a Christian? We often say that "nobody's perfect" and our goal in life is always to strive to be more Christ-like... but what does that really mean? I've spent several years in Church and Bible studies, trying to soak in as much information as I can and learning how to be more Christ-like. But while all that stuff is fine and good, there's more to walking the Christian walk than just reading and discussing it all the time! It finally hit me that I need to be out in the world, amongst people, "getting my hands dirty", as the saying goes. Some people are called to be missionaries, but that's not for everyone and there's plenty that we can all do right here in our own communities!

Whether you serve God by joining the kitchen crew at your church, playing games with the elderly in retirement homes, or carrying a pager for the disaster team at your local Red Cross - you do that with love in your heart and that is one of the best testimonies of your faith that you can give to the world! When people's hearts are hardened, they can't hear the truth when it is spoken! But keep praying for them and leading by example!

For me, the greatest proof that Jesus really is the son of God and the Bible is the Word of God is the evidence of changed lives. I am one example of that. I used to be a very selfish person, but becoming less and less so with every passing day. :angel:

[align=center][align=left][color=Plum]Autumn アータム / Aki [/color] (I respond to both.) :angel:[color=MediumTurquoise][size=84]
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
[/color][/SIZE]- Ralph Waldo Emerson

[font=book antiqua][/font]
[color=PaleTurquoise]Friends, some of us have money and some of us have talent. All of us have blood [color=PaleTurquoise]and [/color]time.[/color]
Image Find your nearest blood donation center by clicking HERE.
[color=Plum]Image Sign up to find local volunteer[/color] opportunities HERE. Remember, volunteer opportunities have a wide range of time commitments. Even if you can only spare a few hours per month, there might be an organization out there who needs you!

[/align]
[/align]
HondaTooru

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth