Well? How?

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Well? How?

Postby Neurotic » Thu May 08, 2008 1:43 pm

I don't know how to put it in any other way, so I'll use an anime reference;
For those of you that have watched FMA, I feel like Wrath.
I have been betrayed by those in the most responsible positions in my life, and this means feeling a chasm within; I have no parental figures (that I want anyway - they were the ones that betrayed me, abandoned me!), feel none of this "love is a two-way street" garbage, and struggle with hating most of these people.
So how do I forgive? I know I have to, but every time I try to just let things go I end up feeling more screwed up than I did before. It would seem as if reconciliation, though encouraged in the New Testament, is impossible- these people think too highly of themselves. So What do I do, and where in hte Bible can I find this out?
Thanks.
I'm not worth anything, in case you were wondering.
Neurotic

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:43 am

I myself have struggled with a situation like that in the past toward my father for what he did. The Lord has helped me overcome those feelings of being bitter and harboring pure hatred toward him.
Turn your eyes to Jesus and put your main focus on him.
I hope these scriptures help. God bless you and may peace be with you :)

Psalms 37:8
Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil

Luke 17:3-4
Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Colossians 3:12-15
Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. .
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby termyt » Fri May 09, 2008 7:50 am

It's not easy, but don't let anger consume you. Anger is fine, it's OK to be angered by injustice. It's OK to hate injustice. However, you must remember that those who are unjust are also loved by God. All emotions you have must be tempered by love and respect for God and His creation.

Worry less about how you feel today and concentrate on how you want to feel tomorrow. Do not let other people dictate your mood to you. Be the master of your own attitude. Work on transforming yourself to be more Christlike. The rest will take care of itself.

Seek first the kingdom of God and all these things will be added.

This advice I give you is by no means easy. It will take your entire life span and more to accomplish. But it is the path of peace and easily worth the trip.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Fri May 09, 2008 8:02 am

termyt (post: 1224474) wrote:It's not easy, but don't let anger consume you. Anger is fine, it's OK to be angered by injustice. It's OK to hate injustice. However, you must remember that those who are unjust are also loved by God. All emotions you have must be tempered by love and respect for God and His creation.

Worry less about how you feel today and concentrate on how you want to feel tomorrow. Do not let other people dictate your mood to you. Be the master of your own attitude. Work on transforming yourself to be more Christlike. The rest will take care of itself.

Seek first the kingdom of God and all these things will be added.

This advice I give you is by no means easy. It will take your entire life span and more to accomplish. But it is the path of peace and easily worth the trip.

Well said
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Postby Sheenar » Fri May 09, 2008 11:11 am

Like Gabriel said, I also have struggled with the same feelings towards my mother for what she had done...
But God works in amazing ways and now I can say that I don't hate her, but instead pity her and the choices she's made.
Keep praying for God to help you to forgive--He will. I know for the longest time I felt like I couldn't possibly forgive my mother--but God changed my heart over time and now I can actually feel sympathy for her. It doesn't mean what she did was right or that I'm excusing her behavior --it just means that I am taking control of how I respond to what she did. I can either let it make me bitter and eat me alive, or I can respond in love--admit what she did was wrong, that it wasn't my fault, give it all to God, and pray for God to change her heart. And then move on.
Forgiveness is a continuous process. Events will still come to mind from the past that you will need to keep giving to God and forgiving the person for. It's a long process, but a necessary one.
Just don't give up. Keep pressing forward. You will make progress little by little, and it'll all be worth it in the end. God will grow you through this and you will learn a lot.
Let us know if you ever want to talk more. Ok?
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Neurotic » Sat May 10, 2008 8:30 am

Thank you, one and all. I understand that I ought to constantly give it to God, and I also see the benefits of striving rather than pretending there is any finality to it.
I'm not worth anything, in case you were wondering.
Neurotic

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth