Entertaining evil

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Entertaining evil

Postby Momo-P » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:46 pm

In our world, there are many cruel people. People who have been labeled with a variety of disorders and names and have performed incredible acts of evil. Humans who are often regarded as strict sons of the devil...

Would you sit and dine with these men? I'm not speaking scientifically, so please don't butt in with "well I would like to examine them-" no. You're not going to examine them or try and figure them out. You're going to sit down with them and eat. You're going to talk to them like some school pal chum.

So would you?

Of course you wouldn't. As I already stated, these people are so dark hearted that we often see them as the devil's equavilent of Jesus. Like they are his disgusting little sons sent to pester us from hell. But there it is, there it is...there's the interesting little question.

If we won't sit with satan's sons, sons who are technically human and do know how to love (as little as it may be) then why do we insist on sitting with their father? Someone so evil, that all evil in the universe spews from his being?

Now I know what you're saying, you're saying I'm crazy. "I don't sit with the devil" you say, but oh how wrong you are. Everytime you doubt and everytime you worry or fear, you're doing it. You're inviting satan in. You're entertaining the one you hate most...and why? Why are you doing that?

Entertaining the devil is by far the most foolish thing a human could do. From the getgo we know it's a bad idea and definitely not something we desire. Being around the devil to begin with makes our skin crawl and hearts twitch with anger and rage, so to really make friends with him? But people do it. Even though we know it does no good, we still allow it to happen! How stupid can one person be? How stupid can humanity be?

We've all be through doubt before, it's an ugly demon that rears its head constantly. At first we just try to ignore it, but eventually we all break into the pressure. Knowing full better, what do we do? We entertain the stupid thing! We actually allow our selves to focus on the thought and allow it to grow! So after all the stuff I just described above, we still let that happen? Even with how much we love and believe in God, we still let that happen? What the heck is wrong with us?!

The same is with fear. Despite knowing there's nothing to fear except the most High God, our Father in heaven, we still let that get to us to. We let dumb human fears conquer us. Now obviously some fears aren't quite as stupid, some things really can hurt us in this world...but only to a point my friends. Remember, you have God. You are on the side of the Creator, the same Creator who owns that spider or darkness or high place or whatever. You have no reason to shake or to let those things control you.

So next time satan tries to step into your life, remember my brothers and sisters in Christ...entertaining satan makes it worse. If you give him the time of day, he WILL make that doubt into non-belief and that fear into the worst obstacle you have ever faced...but thankfully God is will us. He never leaves us. So next time you have those thoughts, shake your head and say no. Immediately do it and say no. Tell yourself "I do not entertain satan, I entertain the Lord Jesus Christ" and continue to tell yourself that, over and over again. Remind yourself you DO believe in God and He loves you and you love Him.

But do not sit down and have a conversation with a guy you don't like. Be like Jesus. Tell him to get behind you.
Momo-P

Postby PokettoKunoichi » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:46 pm

Thanks, this helped! ^.^

Oh yes, I know this feeling. The feeling where he tells us that we pray incorrectly and that we're going down there. Or trying to let death scare us. We all have to remember that God is watching and He knows what's happening.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

:) Remember, if Jesus is in your life, that all of Heaven is waiting for you. :)
PokettoKunoichi

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:57 am

Doubt is not always bad. God often uses it to grow people in their faith in him. Although your preachy tone is a huge turn off, I understand the point you're making.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:42 pm

Momo-P (post: 1220361) wrote:As I already stated, these people are so dark hearted that we often see them as the devil's equavilent of Jesus. Like they are his disgusting little sons sent to pester us from hell. But there it is, there it is...there's the interesting little question.

You have to remember, Momo, that we are ALL like this. In God's eyes, there's no difference between murder, homosexuality, lying, or pride. All sins are equally bad in God's eyes, and we are just as much to blame as any of history's worst offenders.

Now I know what you're saying, you're saying I'm crazy. "I don't sit with the devil" you say, but oh how wrong you are. Everytime you doubt and everytime you worry or fear, you're doing it. You're inviting satan in. You're entertaining the one you hate most...and why? Why are you doing that?

This seems to be a common misconception. Fear is not a sin. It's a human emotion that we feel without even thinking about it. Yes, God does say "do not fear," but that doesn't mean it's a sin. We aren't supposed to fear because God is our protector and everything is under His control, but that doesn't mean we won't feel fear. We are to find comfort in God, but we'll still have that initial feeling of fear.

Additionally, do you think that Jesus was afraid in the Garden of Gethsemene, when he asked God if there was another way aside from the suffering of crucifixion to save humanity? I believe that, as he was fully man and fully God, he probably did feel fear. But he still saw it through, which is the important part. Fear is much like anger. Anger isn't a sin, but it's what you do with that emotion that allows it to turn into sin.

But do not sit down and have a conversation with a guy you don't like. Be like Jesus. Tell him to get behind you.

I'd like a little more explanation here. What do you mean, exactly?
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:04 pm

Momo I have to say your tone comes off as very self-righteous making this thread difficult to read. However, a couple subjects I would like to bring up:
Momo-P (post: 1220361) wrote:Being around the devil to begin with makes our skin crawl and hearts twitch with anger and rage

I have actually always pictured the Devil as a very attractive figure. He is a wretched creature (aren't we all), but he masks it with charisma and appeal. I imagine he would be quite handsome given human form. The danger in sin is the temptation, for we would not do it if we first did not want to do it.
Momo-P (post: 1220361) wrote:We've all be through doubt before, it's an ugly demon that rears its head constantly. At first we just try to ignore it, but eventually we all break into the pressure. Knowing full better, what do we do? We entertain the stupid thing! We actually allow our selves to focus on the thought and allow it to grow! So after all the stuff I just described above, we still let that happen? Even with how much we love and believe in God, we still let that happen? What the heck is wrong with us?!

Assuming you are talking about entertaining doubt, I have actually found that doubt is one of the greatest tools for furthering the motor skills of your faith. Doubt compels us or we become complacent and stagnate in our theology.
Momo-P (post: 1220361) wrote:But do not sit down and have a conversation with a guy you don't like. Be like Jesus. Tell him to get behind you.

Jesus came not to condemn the world, but to save it. The world has already condemned itself.
Fish and Chips

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:11 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1220837) wrote:This seems to be a common misconception. Fear is not a sin. It's a human emotion that we feel without even thinking about it. Yes, God does say "do not fear," but that doesn't mean it's a sin. We aren't supposed to fear because God is our protector and everything is under His control, but that doesn't mean we won't feel fear. We are to find comfort in God, but we'll still have that initial feeling of fear.

Additionally, do you think that Jesus was afraid in the Garden of Gethsemene, when he asked God if there was another way aside from the suffering of crucifixion to save humanity? I believe that, as he was fully man and fully God, he probably did feel fear. But he still saw it through, which is the important part. Fear is much like anger. Anger isn't a sin, but it's what you do with that emotion that allows it to turn into sin.

Thank you for pointing this out. You are absolutely right.

Also, just because we feel fear, doubt, and anxiety doesn't always mean that Satan is beating our door down. Sometimes life just sucks. Don't give Satan more credit than he deserves. XD

Anyway, I'm really not sure what you were trying to say with this post. In the beginning I was very confused-- I thought you were saying not to fellowship with "evil". Obviously, we should avoid things that drag us down, but my first impression was that you were saying to avoid hanging around with "sinners".

When I read a little further, I see that that's not really what you were saying, but...the first impression stuck with me and kind of marred the point you were trying to make.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Momo-P » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:28 am

You have to remember, Momo, that we are ALL like this. In God's eyes, there's no difference between murder, homosexuality, lying, or pride. All sins are equally bad in God's eyes, and we are just as much to blame as any of history's worst offenders.

Ehh...you kinda just rephrased my point.

They're considered evil, but they do have a heart. Yet would you proudly pal around with Hitler? Probably not...most people don't exactly care to seek out crazy people and spend time with them.

On the other side though? Ehh...we let satan mess with our heads all the time. He has absolutely not hint of good in his heart at all, yet we let him hang around and torment us? It's just dumb.

This seems to be a common misconception. Fear is not a sin. It's a human emotion that we feel without even thinking about it. Yes, God does say "do not fear," but that doesn't mean it's a sin. We aren't supposed to fear because God is our protector and everything is under His control, but that doesn't mean we won't feel fear. We are to find comfort in God, but we'll still have that initial feeling of fear.

I never said fear was a sin, I just said what to do when one DOES feel fear. It's easy to say "I have God, I'm fine, I'm fine", but those are just words. All of us have let fear go way too far in our lives, so far it destroys us in some area.

I have a mother who is so freaked out by spiders, there is no way this woman would be able to run away from somewhere if a spider was there. Obviously I don't ask her to go touch the dang thing, but I've seen her let her fear grow over the years. Constanstly saying "it scares me" is just helping the fear along. So is overly freaking out when it happens. We need to learn how to settle ourselves down before it starts growing, because I know plenty of people who have God and yet get super worked up when they don't need to.

I'd like a little more explanation here. What do you mean, exactly?

Do you like satan? No. Ok, then why do you give him your time of day? That's like going to work and sitting down with the guy who picks on you. You know for a fact it's not going to end well (and God's giving you enough brains to sit with someone else), but you invite pain into your heart. It's just dumb.

Jesus told satan to get behind Him, we should too.

Jesus came not to condemn the world, but to save it. The world has already condemned itself.

Look above. It was directed at the devil, not humanity.

I have actually always pictured the Devil as a very attractive figure. He is a wretched creature (aren't we all), but he masks it with charisma and appeal. I imagine he would be quite handsome given human form. The danger in sin is the temptation, for we would not do it if we first did not want to do it.

Just because satan is tempting doesn't mean anything...I'm fully aware of what satan would appear like as a human, but I don't let it get to me. What he does is all that matters in my heart.

Assuming you are talking about entertaining doubt, I have actually found that doubt is one of the greatest tools for furthering the motor skills of your faith. Doubt compels us or we become complacent and stagnate in our theology.

True, but it depends on the person. Not all people are the same, certain ones have other things that make it harder...

Maybe it's living conditions, or maybe it's some issue they were born with. I have OCD and that's pretty much the only major thing...yet it makes my periods of doubt really painful and hectic. I'm speaking from personal experience here. Obviously it doesn't apply to everyone, but to anyone who DOES have similar issues for whatever reasons, it's good to know.

And btw guys, I never meant to come off self-righteous or whatever. Truth be told, I actually prayed before I wrote the dang thing. Usually when I speak I don't give much thought to it. I mean, I do, but I really tried to make it sound right for once and not like it was being explained behind some Burger King counter in the back room. I'm really bad at trying to sound...I dunno. Official? For once I was trying to set it up right and I suppose that's why it came off so self righteous.
Momo-P

Postby rocklobster » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:18 am

have actually always pictured the Devil as a very attractive figure. He is a wretched creature (aren't we all), but he masks it with charisma and appeal. I imagine he would be quite handsome given human form. The danger in sin is the temptation, for we would not do it if we first did not want to do it.

Yep, me too. In fact in The Screwtape Letters, One demon actually tells another to practice appearing as an angel!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:57 am

Momo-P (post: 1220966) wrote:Ehh...you kinda just rephrased my point.

They're considered evil, but they do have a heart. Yet would you proudly pal around with Hitler? Probably not...most people don't exactly care to seek out crazy people and spend time with them.

On the other side though? Ehh...we let satan mess with our heads all the time. He has absolutely not hint of good in his heart at all, yet we let him hang around and torment us? It's just dumb.

If that was indeed your point, you phrased it in a very roundabout way. XD; I kind of see where you're coming from, but the initial point of your post came across as much different to me. Now that it's explained with more clarity, I pretty much agree, though I would suggest finding a new "official" tone, as having the wrong tone can lead to trouble in less friendly places than CAA. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:41 pm

I don't like your tone at all Momo.
Please learn to also be a bit more humble yourself.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Momo-P » Thu May 01, 2008 3:29 am

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1222181) wrote:I don't like your tone at all Momo.
Please learn to also be a bit more humble yourself.

*sigh* If I came off like a jerk I'm sorry, but it's the internet. Unfortunately it's really hard to convey feelings online. I know a lot of the time I really DON'T mean to sound harsh yet people always will get mad at me even if I actually get hurt by what they say...

I could add a whole bunch of emotionicons and expressions of what I'm doing when I type, but I try not to do that much anymore...or at least not unless I'm speaking in an IM or something.

Just speaking honestly, your message there came off very cruel to me. I doubt you meant it that way, but that's how it felt. And there's an example. I think it's just a matter of how we take typing styles...

Like I said, I really don't mean to sound like a jerk. Lately I've even watched what words I use (even if most normal people wouldn't think a thing over them) just because I don't wanna risk somebody getting upset at me.
Momo-P

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu May 01, 2008 4:14 am

Me cruel? You're the one who's accusing everyone of something they may or may not be doing, and in this case it's not the internet, it's the way you wrote it that's the problem.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Momo-P » Thu May 01, 2008 7:09 am

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1222194) wrote:Me cruel? You're the one who's accusing everyone of something they may or may not be doing, and in this case it's not the internet, it's the way you wrote it that's the problem.

If you're refering to the original post, why does it matter if "may or may not" be doing it?

After all, lets say someone writes up a post on lust. Obviously not everyone has trouble with it, but since that post is directed at the people with the problem, you word it to be directed at them. When I wrote that, I intended it to be taken by the people who do suffer with the problem of letting satan get the best of them.

Not everyone has that issue (or more, everyone does, but other people can ignore it easier so it's not an issue), but a lot of people don't cope with it well. I know several people who get stuck on things and can't let them go. Even if they know they should, they won't, and they end up letting it destroy their life. For people in that situation, it is important to remind themselves about stuff over and over again.
Momo-P

Postby K. Ayato » Thu May 01, 2008 11:05 am

I think what Tintin means, Momo, is that you come across as having all the answers to whatever topic you choose to discuss. I know you claim that's not the case, but without any emoticons plus your choice of words, the tone of your posts shows pride and self-righteousness.

True, you might have picked up a lot of viewpoints and possible answers through your experience, but are they the be-all, end-all solutions? Of course not. Now I have not seen any indication of you admitting that you may not be right in your conclusions. Maybe you yourself admit it, but from what you write, it sure doesn't come off that way. Don't use the "Oh, it's just the Internet" excuse. You yourself know very well that what is written doesn't always mirror the emotions or humor of the writer. That's why we utilize smiley faces and such. I myself have often rubbed people the wrong way based solely on how they interpreted my writing. Note that it wasn't intentional either.

Next time you want to share what's on your heart and mind, it could help to step back and REALLY think "How are people going to interpret this? Am I possibly coming off as prideful or putting people down because they don't view this the same way I do?" before you even type the first sentence.

You may call me or anyone else here cruel and that's fine with me. We're only trying to help you see that maybe your approaches aren't the most helpful. How you decide to react is entirely up to you.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Neurotic » Sat May 10, 2008 8:45 am

I see that not all of us are dealing with Biblical references.
Proverbs is full of advice as to what you should fear -evil being the most dire of these.
We are told to fear God over and over again in Psalms and are shown some very frightening images of the state of man in both 2nd Thessalonians and, of course, Revelation.
Romans 12; 9 tells us directly to hate that which is evil.
Momo, I don't find you to be proud or self-righteous; as a matter of fact, I admire your zeal and energy. Next time, though, please be more specific in regards to scripture and details; some fear is better than others, some doubt can injure rather than build, and hate is only meant to be formed against the works of satan.
I'm not worth anything, in case you were wondering.
Neurotic

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth