Walking in the Light.

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Walking in the Light.

Postby ADXC » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:05 pm

I rarely ever do a thread like this, but I think it should be said because everyone deals with the darkness in their own way. You may not think you do, but read the passage below and discover that you do.

I John 1:5-10 (NIV, sorry I don't have my King James with me.)
5.This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6. If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do live by the truth.
7.But if we walk in the light, as he is the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his son, purifies us from all sin. 8. If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9.If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

As you have heard, if you are not in the light then you are not of God's because there is no darkness in Him. We can try to put up fronts and be hypocritical towards others but God sees our hearts and knows our wants and desires. There's nothing you can hide from God because He is light and sees all. I encourage everyone of you who read this(Including myself) to walk in the light in everyday life or at least try. I know its hard to do because even Jesus was tempted but He did not sucumb and neither should we(Even though we sometimes do because of our sinful nature.) So do not get prideful of your faith either, because thats when you may lose it. Just try your best to walk in the light with the Lord everyday!
ADXC

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth