Testifying Tonight

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Testifying Tonight

Postby Okami » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:32 pm

I just thought you guys might want to know...I've been journaling this in Microsoft Word for the past hour or so.

~

Today has been hard. On the way home from the movies I could feel tension building inside me as I listened to Rush of Fools’ “Peace be Stillâ€
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby bakura_fan » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:44 pm

*hug* I'm happy that you got through it. I too hurt myself when I get mad at others. Not with cutting, just slapping and punching. I'll slap my face hard or punch my legs until i'm bruised and no longer have the strength. I havn't done it in awhile, however the more times that I get mad, all it takes is something really big to happen and my mind snaps and I just let all loose at me. The last time it happened was last month here at work. I went in the back and kinda came out of a fog when I was exausted. Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do? I mean it's like I become a different person that I can't stop. . .Sorry, this thread is about you...again. I'm happy for you. ^_^
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Okami » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:30 am

The first thing I do is just stop and evaluate my actions. 'Why do I feel this way? How did these feelings come about?' and I try to take deep breaths and calm myself. Then, or sometime alongside doing the other things, I pray and ask God to show me the light of why I am so angry. (Because anger always comes before my self-injury) Then, just because I almost always have a Bible on me, I go and read. Asking God to show me something, anything, to calm my mood and show me truth.

Aw and it's fine, anything to help another person in need. And thanks for being honest, y'know, that always is the first step to any type of healing. ^_^ I hope these things help you!

God bless you, Bakura! :thumb:
Okami

Postby HiddenWoodchuck » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:41 am

Wow, that is making me shed some tears, but in happiness that you made it through, and at the continued strength that God provides to us when we call on Him.... it's so amazing! Praise God that things went well! I'm praying for you and I am so thankful for the strength He has given to me, each time I let go and called on Him. God Bless :)
Per his request, this user has been temporarily banned
HiddenWoodchuck

Postby Okami » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:37 pm

See, God can use even the testimony of one night to impact others. Note to self: Never forget that.
He provides so efficiently. I just can't say He hasn't ever done anything for me. Because He obviously has, and it shows here.
God bless ya, Hidden! ^_^

Oh, and one month clean, everyone! Hallelujah!! :jump:
Okami

Postby HiddenWoodchuck » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:57 pm

So true, and I know postings from you and others in the GLPT and the GDPT have helped me as well. I pray that I will be able to help and encourage others, even just one person here, with my postings. Posts like you made here are very helpful in reminding me of the countless times God has eased my pain... when I really think about it, they far outweigh the times I have been troubled and alone, but I can never remember that in the moment... still, sometimes I allow myself to fall away again, and I know it is only because I am not giving it all up to Him. I'm hoping I really am learning to do that more, to just give it to Him and trust with all of me.

That is so awesome! One month clean! Praise God! Praying for your continued freedom :)

Take care!
Per his request, this user has been temporarily banned
HiddenWoodchuck

Postby Sheenar » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:16 pm

Okami,
Praise God! One month clean! He certainly is doing amazing things!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Okami » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:33 pm

HiddenWoodchuck wrote:So true, and I know postings from you and others in the GLPT and the GDPT have helped me as well. I pray that I will be able to help and encourage others, even just one person here, with my postings. Posts like you made here are very helpful in reminding me of the countless times God has eased my pain... when I really think about it, they far outweigh the times I have been troubled and alone, but I can never remember that in the moment... still, sometimes I allow myself to fall away again, and I know it is only because I am not giving it all up to Him. I'm hoping I really am learning to do that more, to just give it to Him and trust with all of me.

That is so awesome! One month clean! Praise God! Praying for your continued freedom :)

Take care!

And I think it's awesome to know He's been working in me like that, and in everyone else, too. I know there've been times when I've read posts of yours and just been so inspired :)

Yeah, and that's what we need to focus on--giving our all to Him. Because when we focus on Him, nothing is impossible. I too, struggle to remember the good He's done for me. Been there, done that. Methinks it's secondhand nature to us humans.

Sheenar wrote:Okami,
Praise God! One month clean! He certainly is doing amazing things!

Every day. And I'm going strong!
Stormin' out these chains, or, well, trying to ^^;
Okami

Postby LadyRushia » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:43 pm

Your story in general, Okami, is a reminder that no matter how many times we fall, God is always there to pick us up and make us clean once more. Through your willingness to share, people have been inspired and comforted.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Gabriel 9.0 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:57 pm

Congrats Okami, see God stayed with you:thumb:. I myself and many others have been through the same thing/similar situations. God helped us all , like he has with you. Congrats :).
Some of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm91
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Hebrews 4-4
1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

James 4
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Gabriel 9.0

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth