Witnessing to Those Who Love Sin

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Witnessing to Those Who Love Sin

Postby CAAOutkast » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:12 pm

I need to know How do I witness to those who are Into perversion and sin?please help me out on this.

I know that I've been wrong about alot of things here on CAA,but this time I wanna learn how do something right. Please Help Me.
Eternal Fan of Sailor Moon and the Original Mega Man!
CAAOutkast

Postby Momo-P » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:33 am

I'm very bad at talking to people (not just approaching, but actually "talking"), so I really can't lend advice in that area. On the subject of what to say though? Basically expose why sins are sins. Usually people do bad stuff because they fail to see a problem. What you need to do is explain why there is a problem. After that?

It all kind of falls into place. If you can get people to understand why sinning is evil and why they shouldn't do it, the message of Jesus just falls into line. They soon realize they can't escape sin and temptation and without His perfect sacrifice they will go to hell. Of course, is that easier said than done? Most definitely.

Some people will fight to the death to defend certain sins, so you need to be prepared. Thankfully most stuff is quite self-explanatory as to why it's wrong, but some isn't. Sex for example is ok inside marriage, but not outside. This idea can confuse and annoy some people, so you need to explain why God disapproves of sex outside of the marriage bed. Again, some stuff is obvious (STD's only exist because people fool around too much), but stuff isn't as much so. Sometimes saying God only intended sex for married couples can work, but usually people want their reasons and...*shrugs* Ya. It can be tough.

So my advice is to definitely pray over it and seek out answers as to why stuff is wrong. A lot of the time I think you'll find the answers in your own head, but some stuff you may need to consult others on.

Either way, I wish you much luck and will be praying for you.
Momo-P

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:40 am

Whatever you do, don't force your beliefs onto someone who is engaged in some form of sin. For example, if you believe that taking drugs is sin and against what the Bible teaches, and the person you're trying to reach believes it's no big deal, don't try to convince them to agree and believe what you believe. Trust me. It only pushes them further away and makes it even more difficult to reach them later on.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Kaligraphic » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:37 pm

Talk to people who love sin the same way you'd talk to anyone else. The sin in another's life is covered by the same blood of Jesus that covers yours.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby USSRGirl » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:15 pm

K-chan is right on. It's important to remember that it is not your duty to judge or condemn or fix bad habits in people's lives. Even if the person is into something that really sickens you, try not to go into a conversation thinking "you disgusting sinful ebil person of ebilness." As Kal said, treat them as you would anyone else, because all flesh loves sin and you were no better off than they till you accepted Christ. Don't come on too strong, angry, accusing, ect. Share the message of the gospel first, and as they grow closer to God the Holy Spirit will work changes in them. After you've opened a dialogue about salvation, you can move on discuss what the Bible says about sinful lifestyles if the person asks. But in my opinion, it is totally ineffective to start out by preaching self-help - the backwards way of doing things usually resulting only in an "I'm right, you're wrong" scenario or an ego trip of thinking that God "needs" you to save people for Him. You need to have things in the proper order: repulsion to sin comes as a result of being a new creation in Jesus. Preach the message of gospel, read up on like Luke or John, and let the problems in the person's life work themselves out as a result of coming to know Jesus.

It never hurts to pray that God will train you to be a better witness either.

Your comrade in Christ,
Temulin
USSRGirl

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:29 pm

In my experience, it helps to be a friend to that person first. Good friends listen to what each other has to say; eventually, the topic of beliefs will come up. My advice is to listen to what the other person believes and why he believes that way. Not all atheists have the same reasons for not believing in anything, etc. People truly appreciate it when their opinions are heard, and they will be more likely to listen to you if you listen to them.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Maledicte » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:12 pm

Treat them like people, not just "someone I must add to my conversion quota". They have a past, reasons for what they are doing, even though it's hurting them and other people. You have to understand where they are coming from even if you don't condone their behavior. Often people will boast about their sin, to fluster you and blow you off. Focus on the soul behind the actions, rather than the actions themselves, and don't forget, pray.
Maledicte

Postby minakichan » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:14 am

Gah, I have this problem too, but probably more because I love sin as well (don't we all?) and I really don't have a strong intention of changing myself, as sad as that is. I think for people like me (and maybe for other people too), it's better to keep my mouth shut about other people's sins because it'd be too hypocritical for me to try to tell them that they do wrong. Because of that, maybe it's better to talk more about the positive than the negative-- it glosses over a bit, but it's definitely more effective than waving a cross in someone's face and calling someone a devil child.

Sorry, that was really stupid and incoherent, I'm trying to draw and sleep at the same time.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Nate » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:43 am

I love sin.

Though not as much as I love cos. Tan is okay too.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby CAAOutkast » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:09 am

minakichan wrote:Gah, I have this problem too, but probably more because I love sin as well (don't we all?) and I really don't have a strong intention of changing myself, as sad as that is. I think for people like me (and maybe for other people too), it's better to keep my mouth shut about other people's sins because it'd be too hypocritical for me to try to tell them that they do wrong. Because of that, maybe it's better to talk more about the positive than the negative-- it glosses over a bit, but it's definitely more effective than waving a cross in someone's face and calling someone a devil child.

Sorry, that was really stupid and incoherent, I'm trying to draw and sleep at the same time.

Sin has no positive side,I'm afraid. and YES we all sin. and you're right about waving a cross in someone's face and/or calling someone a devil child,it's just not done. The fact that we all(expecially christians) love sinis just plain disgusting..However it also prooves that we have fatal flaws.
CAAOutkast

Postby minakichan » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:43 am

I love sin.

I'm more of a tan and arctan girl myself. I feel like tan has a little more originality; sin and cos are a little too derivative of each other.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby CAAOutkast » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:36 pm

Nate wrote:I love sin.

I don't apreciate what you wrote about me in your livejournal(in fact,I hated it),Christians are not supposed to make fun of others. But I still want us to be friends. Anyway,you have me wondering, What is Cos and Tan?
CAAOutkast

Postby LadyRushia » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:58 pm

ChristisRight wrote:Anyway,you have me wondering, What is Cos and Tan?

They're trig. functions. Nate was just making a silly joke. :3

Anyway, yes we all have sin, but we still have to go out and spread the gospel. As long as you don't act like you're perfect and you explain to the person you're talking to that you aren't perfect, then you won't come across as hypocritical.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby AsianBlossom » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:43 pm

I can't say much about the witnessing thing, but yeah, those are trigonometry terms. "Sin" is the abbreviation for "sine" (pronounced "sign"), "cos" is "cosine" (COH-sign) and "tan" is "tangent." These are all used for finding out...what was it...the measure of an angle in a triangle, or the length of a side? I can't remember which...

Still, mildly funny, but I think it was a bit rude of him.

Sorry for the interruption; now back to your regularly scheduled thread.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Danderson » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:08 pm

I'd say the first thing to do is focus on loving them like Christ would. Definetly pray for them and that you will allow God to use you in their life. And, as easy as it is to be aggressive about it, that's probably the easiest way to turn people away from the Truth of the Gospel......

If you want to know how to truly love as Jesus loves, read 1st Corinthians 13.......

....Hope this helps.....
Danderson

Postby CAAOutkast » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:55 am

Danderson (post: 1188426) wrote:I'd say the first thing to do is focus on loving them like Christ would. Definetly pray for them and that you will allow God to use you in their life. And, as easy as it is to be aggressive about it, that's probably the easiest way to turn people away from the Truth of the Gospel......

If you want to know how to truly love as Jesus loves, read 1st Corinthians 13.......

....Hope this helps.....

Hopefully it will. Thanks to everyone for their advice.
CAAOutkast

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth