something from God

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

something from God

Postby BlueLily » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:36 pm

I was typing, and all of a sudden this flowed from my fingers...

"How could I have called myself a seeker of truth when I was so blind to the Truth that is God?"
I fight for God and the advance of His glorious Kingdom...and I'm proud to call myself His warrior!
I know that my faith of Christ can annoy people. In fact, I've lost several good friends because of my love for God and Jesus. But you know what? It doesn't matter to me, because I have the greatest reward of all--the everyday excitement of knowing Him and knowing that through Him, I am saved.
I am no longer a blind, lost person walking around on this planet, begging for alms on the roadside of life. In Christ, I have the strength to accomplish all that I am meant to do, and be all that God Created me to be!

Isn't that amazing? That was such a renewal of God's covenant with me, and I am reminded of how much He loves me. I hope that all of you, in your times of hardship, remember that what you go through on this earth cannot change the prize you received--the greatest reward of all. I pray for everyone in this alliance, that we may all stay true to Him, that we will let nothing that we watch affect our love for the Lord, and I hope that all of you will keep this group in your prayers as well.
God has shown me so many things--about life, about happiness, about Himself and myself--ever since I became a Christian--six months ago! And to tell you the truth? Those were the best six months of my life...so far.
I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my life with my Jesus.
I wish, grasping the cross on my chest,
That in the morning, hope will rain down on you
That at night, a gentle light will envelop you
And give you the courage to face tomorrow.
BlueLily

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:30 pm

I'll pray that kind of thing happens to you Trio Sorrow. ^_^ As for Blue Lily, I'm glad you're realizing these truths at such a young age. May God bless your walk with Him and that your love for Him grows even deeper, until you see Him face to face.

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby wiggins » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:20 am

Wow, I wish that would happen to me as well.
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby Rev. Doc » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:57 am

A wonderful testimony to the power of truth in your life BlueLily. And for others always remember that your faith is not just religion but a relationship. What BlueLily has discovered about her relationship with Christ is open for your acceptace. I read this from a work entitled, "Freedom In Christ":

You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free (John 8:32).

When I was a boy on the farm, my dad, my brother and I would visit our neighbor's farm to share produce and labor. The neighbor had a yappy little dog that scared the socks off me. When it came barking around the corner, my dad and brother stood their ground, but I ran. Guess who the dog chased! I escaped to the top of our pickup truck while the little dog yapped at me from the ground.

Everyone except me could see that the little dog had no power over me except what I gave it. Furthermore, it had no inherent power to throw me up on the pickup; it was my belief that put me up there. That dog controlled me by using my mind, my emotions, my will, and my muscles, all of which were motivated by fear. Finally I gathered up my courage, jumped off the pickup, and kicked a small rock at the mutt. Lo and behold, it ran!

Satan is like that yappy little dog: deceiving people into fearing him more than God. His power is in the lie. He is the father of lies (John 8:44) who deceives the whole world (Revelation 12:9), and consequently the whole world is under the influence of the evil one (1 John 5:19). He can do nothing about your position in Christ, but if he can deceive you into believing his lies about you and God, you will spend a lot of time on top of the pickup truck! You don't have to outshout him or outmuscle him to be free of his influence. You just have to outtruth him. Believe, declare, and act upon the truth of God's Word, and you will thwart Satan's strategy.

I have learned from the Scriptures and my experience that truth is the liberating agent. The power of Satan is in the lie, and the power of the believer is in knowing the truth. We are to pursue truth, not power.

Don't let Satan rob you of the closer relationship you can have with the Master.

Way to go BlueLily :thumb:
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby BlueLily » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:42 pm

Thanks guys so much for the encouragement! Also, I loved the story, Rev. Doc!
I wish, grasping the cross on my chest,
That in the morning, hope will rain down on you
That at night, a gentle light will envelop you
And give you the courage to face tomorrow.
BlueLily

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth