God was just here!

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

God was just here!

Postby All 4 Him » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:43 am

Now, before I say anything, I know I have a history of being overly-dramatic, and living like everything was a movie, that it was all just for show. But today, it was real. It felt so real, it made me wonder why I had been living my life as a movie all these years!

I decided to stay home from church today, and do my own worship here at home. Well, it started off, sad to say, pretty uneventful. I wasn't getting into the spirit, I was being attacked from all sides by these demons of selfishness. I was actually telling myself to go draw or do something to entertain myself rather than do what I was going to do in the first place!

Eventually, I turned on some praise music, and in the song (I think it was Newsboys), the singer was quoting scripture. But, as I stood there and listened to it, it really touched my heart, and gave me this really weird feeling inside.

And so, I sat down and started to pray. I kept remembering when my dad had told me that He felt God one day, when he hadn't even been praising or anything. He said he had felt God's presence up near the ceiling, and it kind of shook me awake!

And then, all of a sudden, I turned around, and there He was! He was right behind me! But, He wasn't JUST behind me. I couldn't pinpoint where He was, like my dad had done, but I could feel Him, and He was everywhere!

Immediately, without even telling myself to, I started singing "Nearer, My God, To Thee". And after I was done, I started to scribble down everything I was feeling into my journal. And when I was done with that, I turned around, and He was gone! I mean, He was still in my heart, I could feel Him there, but He wasn't like, all around the room anymore. All of a sudden this feeling of guilt filled me, like I should have done or said something while He was here. Like, I should have started bowing or something, but I was so shocked that I had to write it down!

So now I'm here hoping that He'll show Himself again, and soon! It was really the most remarkable feeling, I can't explain it to make it feel to you as it did to me.

And I know, to some people, this may seem like a very likely story to make up, and I know I might feel that way if I read someone else's testimony that said this, but I'm telling you, whether you believe me or not, that it's true! He really was here!

Thanks, guys, for being here!
[font="Century Gothic"][SIZE="4"][color="Navy"] ~ ** With God, ALL things are possible! ** ~[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Trebuchet MS"][color="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]>--{{Don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today. Who knows when Jesus will come back?}}--< [/SIZE][/color][/font]

[color="DarkOrchid"]Praise God, from whom all blessings flow![/color]
:jump:

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][color="Green"]~~When someone asks you, "Do you believe in God?" Think about something...even Satan believes in God, but that doesn't mean he's going to be walking the streets of Heaven someday!~~[/color][/font]
All 4 Him

Postby bakura_fan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:10 pm

I believe ya. When i was at a spiritual low, and I couldn't sleep, I opened my eyes and I could see this blurry face staring down at me from the ceiling. Now, nothing was there, but my spirit could feel it. that He was there. However, needless to say once we started talking I never wanted to stop. ^_^ It felt really nice talking to Him. That hasn't happened for about two years now. I hope that it happens again soon.
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby ADXC » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:02 pm

Hey, y'all don't have to wait for Him to show Himself to you for you to be able to talk with Him. You can talk to Him anytime you like, He's always there to comfort you. And sometimes I talk to Him myself, although I can't see Him I know He's there. He may have just shown Himself to you to get you out of that spiritual trap we all sometimes get in(Ive been there a couple times), relying on Him to show Himself visibly again will catch you in a trap. God is always there whether your aware of it or not. He's always watching over you, and always waiting to talk to you or for you to read the Bible so He can have an intellectual talk with you(Just kidding He could have an intellectual talk with you during prayer as well.). Im just saying you don't have to wait, because the Lord is already waiting for you always whether it be during day time or during the late night.
ADXC

Postby 12praiseGOD » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:47 pm

I feel Him also, usually in my heart, but at times during worship time at church they will say "sing as though Jesus was in the clouds above you and was about to come for the sencond time." Boy that sure made me feel Him, then when they say, think of Him being right by you when you are doing something, that makes me feel His presence, but its not only when someone reminds me that He's there, but when He wants to, and so on....its hard to explain. Anyways, I'm glad you felt His precense, doesn't it feel wonderful. I also agree with anime dude about 100 percent, He is always there, wheter you are aware of it, or are deciding to feel Him, He is ALWAYS THERE!!!
[color="Red"]If GOD brings you to it, He will bring you through it.- unknown.[SIZE="3"][color="Magenta"][color="Red"][/color][/color][/SIZE]:angel:[/color]

[color="Lime"][color="Lime"]"GOD isn't sitting far away with a magnifying glass, but HE is an ever present GOD" -unknown :thumb:

-meaning he is with us all the time.[/color][/color]

[color="Magenta"]"If you don't trust your wings, you'll be caught in the mountain."-myself:angel:

meaning- "If you don't trust GOD, you'll be caught in the problem."- myself[/color]

[color="Red"]@)}[/color][color="YellowGreen"]-'-,[/color]

[color="Red"]"The farthest distance between a problem and a solution, is the distance between your knees and the floor."- unknown.[/color]
12praiseGOD

Postby Tyrel » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:32 am

but I am too far, for miracles, just waiting for a sign.

see the parts but not the whole, studied Saints and scholars both, but no perfect plan unfurls. Do I trust my heart or just my mind, and why is truth so hard to find in this world, yeah in this world?

~Thrice

The lyrics that came to mind upon reading. That is as polite as I can be about this thread.
Tyrel

Postby All 4 Him » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:42 am

Wow, thank you all for your responses! It's beautiful to be able to share experiences with other Christians, and get their different opinions on things. I praise God for this forum, and those who made it happen. :D

bakura_fan: Wow, what a phenomenal thing for you to experience! And I know what you mean about never wanting to stop talking with Him - it's like you absolutely know, for sure, that He cares about what you have to say. :)

animedude90: Oh yeah, praise the Lord for that! That we can talk to Him no matter what time it is, how busy He is...and you don't even have to worry about Him being "mad at" you, because He's a forgiving God and holds no grudges! (I ALWAYS have to remind myself of that one.) :D Thank you for your post. ^__^

12praiseGOD: First of all, hallelujah and amen to your username! Secondly, that's a really cool thing to imagine during church, I think I'll try that on Sunday. :) And thinking of Him being constantly beside you...that's such an amazing thing to think about - we'd do so many things differently if we continuously remembered He was there!

Tyrel: Wow, what song is that? Thank you for posting your reply. :) And don't worry about being polite, we're all Christ's family here!
[font="Century Gothic"][SIZE="4"][color="Navy"] ~ ** With God, ALL things are possible! ** ~[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Trebuchet MS"][color="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]>--{{Don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today. Who knows when Jesus will come back?}}--< [/SIZE][/color][/font]

[color="DarkOrchid"]Praise God, from whom all blessings flow![/color]
:jump:

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][color="Green"]~~When someone asks you, "Do you believe in God?" Think about something...even Satan believes in God, but that doesn't mean he's going to be walking the streets of Heaven someday!~~[/color][/font]
All 4 Him

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth