Devotional about Discipline

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Devotional about Discipline

Postby Sheenar » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:40 am

http://alittlebitofyeast.org/devotionals/devotional-6/

Devotional #6

DAY 4 – How does God respond to sin? (part 2)

Yes God’s grace is limitless, but God does not let us continue in our sin. He is quick to forgive and gracious with His mercy, but the Lord also disciplines us, his children. In a day and age where many children have been abused by their parents (father’s in particular) this may not be the best illustration. But my father would say something like this, before he whooped my behind with a leather belt, “This is going to hurt me more than it’s going to hurt you!â€
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Rest of Devotional

Postby Sheenar » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:40 am

To the woman caught in adultery Jesus said, “Woman has no one condemned you? …Neither do I… Go now and leave your life of sin.â€
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth