This is My commandment

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

This is My commandment

Postby Kesshin » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:10 pm

The other day I was at Mass, and I was listening to the song we were supposed to sing: "They'll know we are Christians by our love" and something occured to me. People go to church, they wear crosses, but what really makes us Christians? If you're walking down the street, how are people going to know that's what you are? By your love. Your actions are the best testimony you can give. You can tell people you're a Christian till you're blue in the face, but it's a lie unless you love others.
"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you"
Those were the words of Jesus on the subject. Loving others brings us closer to God, and makes the world a better place. It's how we spread the word of God.
Anyway, I just thought I'd share this idea with others. ^^
-Kesshin
"Consider the lilies of the field. They neither sew nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed as one of these. If God so clothes the grass, which is in the field one day and cast into the oven the next, how much more will he clothe you, o ye of little faith?
-Luke 12:27-28

-CAA's official writing shinobi.

"Mostly I write action/adventure, and while I dislike romance, I seem to end up doing it and I've been told I do so well. To that I give a cliche "Feh.""
-uc pseudonym
Kesshin

Postby Anna Mae » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:14 pm

Very true. Thanks for sharing, Kesshin.
[SIZE="4"][color="DarkSlateBlue"]God has called me to mission work in Paraguay and Brazil. I may return to CAA someday. God bless all of you![/color][/SIZE]

[i]Two vast and trunk-less legs of stone stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand, half sunk, a shattered visage lies. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretch far away. On the pedestal these words are inscribed:

“My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!â€
Anna Mae

Postby Swordguy » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:13 pm

Mark 7

7They worship me in vain;
their teachings are but rules taught by men.' 8You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men."
9And he said to them: "You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions!

we do and it is sad...it is something we all have to remember
I used to "Follow" Him because i had to....now i would give everything to follow Him.

Me check it out!

Quest for the True Grail

rei wrote:"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."

[quote="The forgoten"] .â€
Swordguy

Location: The Largest chunk of concrete these united states know.

Postby wiggins » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:16 am

Very true! Thanks Kesshin, and thank You Jesus for Your Commands!
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:42 pm

Indeed, that effectively explains Christianity. Of course "as I have loved you" encompasses a lot, but it's still a very nice way to put it. Now, if only we could all actually do this...
uc pseudonym

Postby Kaligraphic » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:22 pm

But in the new covenant, He'll never ask you to do something that He won't give you the power to do.

You are able to love others to the degree that you realize God's love for you. Thus, "as I have loved you" is not just a saying, but is in fact the most accurate way of describing it. Another way might be for Him to say "with the love that my love produces in you" as our love for others is a reflection of His love.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:41 pm

a tree produces fruit not b
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:09 pm

Kaligraphic wrote:But in the new covenant, He'll never ask you to do something that He won't give you the power to do.

Strictly speaking, I meant "if only we would all actually do this..." Yes, we are not given impossible tasks; God has given us enough strength to do what He asks. I used "could" in the sense of my incomplete sentence (due to the ellipse); my finished sentence would end "the world would be a better place." or something similar.
uc pseudonym

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth