Issues at school

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Issues at school

Postby Sayuri » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:54 am

I have about four close friends at school. All of them except one....I think are non-christians. Two have scars from cutting themselves. Two are 'bi'. I would love to bring them to God. I've asked one of them why they chose not to follow God. Her answer was 'Because when I asked Him to save my best friend from death, there wasn't an answer.' How do I respond to something to that? I cry for them. I love them like sisters or something. But what do I say when something like that is the reason? What do I do when they ask for answers that I don't have? I can hear their souls crying for salvation. I don't want to drive them away by preaching to them what they don't want to hear. So... What do I do?
Life is just one huge game of Chess
Sayuri

Postby Danderson » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:37 am

Ooh...that is a tough question...Here's what I'd do: I'd keep them in my prayers constantly and keep asking God for opprotunities to show Himself to them (whether it be through you, or something or someone else). Also keep on the look out for those opprotunities and just contiue to show them Jesus by living in the Light just by being a good example of One who follows Christ.

As for your friends answer, you might want to ask her to be a bit more specific...the key is also to be a good listener as well, so that they'll listen to you about Jesus...

As for having the answers, nobody does. But that's where the Word comes in. If you keep reading it as often as possible, asking God to reveal to you the answers you seek, I really do believe (in His time; baiscially when He thinks you're ready for it) He will reveal them to you.

I hope this helps...
Danderson

Postby Puguni » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:12 pm

First and foremost, you've got to be their rock. Also, patience. Lots and lots of it.

I'm sorry that you don't have answers to their questions...I would definitely consult a better authority. I know that this is a difficult position, and I'll pray for strength.

God bless.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby termyt » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:46 pm

You can go into a detail theological explanation for why some prayers go unanswered or why bad things happen to people, but those answers are for theological/intellectual discussion. They won’t be very affective when talking to someone who is hurting.

My answer would be two-fold.

The first is to tell her that you don’t know why sometimes people seem to die for no good reason. The world is a broken place, but God really does care about her and wants what is best for her and everyone else.

The second is harder. You have to be Christ to her. You need to demonstrate God’s love for her by loving her yourself. That means remaining true to God’s calling – staying pure and innocent of evil – while being there for your friend. That will take a lot of patience and dedication.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth