[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
It's not about you or me! - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

It's not about you or me!

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

It's not about you or me!

Postby holysoldier5000 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:22 am

I need to underscore a foundational fact: God’s goal is not to make sure you’re happy. No matter how hard it is for you to believe this, it’s time to do so. Life is not about your being comfortable and happy and successful and pain free. It’s about becoming the man or woman God has called you to be. Unfortunately, we will rarely hear that message proclaimed today. All the more reason for me to say it again: Life is not about you! It’s about God.

How can I say that with assurance? Because of Paul’s response in 2 Corinthians 12:9-10:

"Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong."

That’s it! He got it, too. And he went with it for the rest of his days.

When you and I boast of our strengths, we get the credit, and we keep going under our own head of steam. But when we boast in what He is doing in the midst of our brokenness, inability, and inadequacy, Christ comes to the front. His strength comes to our rescue. He is honored.

Don’t miss that point. The very things we dread and run from in our lives are precisely what brought contentment to Paul. Look at the list: I am content when I lose. I am content when I am weak. I am content with insults. I am content when I am slandered. I am content in distresses. I am content with persecutions. I am content with difficulties and pressures that are so tight I can hardly turn around. Why? "Because when I am weak, then I am strong" (v. 10). Knowing that brought the apostle, ablaze with the flaming oracles of heaven, to his knees. What a way to live your life—content in everything—knowing that divine strength comes when human weakness is evident.

Paul recommends an attitude of unselfish humility. Quite remarkably, you never read where Paul said to his Roman guard, while he was in prison: “I need you to do me a favor. Next time you happen to be near one of the Emperor’s assistants, urge him to get me out of this dump. I shouldn’t be here in the first place. I’ve been here for one year, seven months, four days, five hours, and nine minutes, and that’s long enough.â€
Live your life, love the Lord, and don't forget to laugh...
holysoldier5000

Postby Miss WWE 2007 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:36 am

Amen to that, I am glad that you brought this subject out into your post. I have been trying to relate this message to others around me. Humility needs to be tought more, Contentment should be taught more. In life we are often found dwelling on the bad of life, but when looking at Paul and all of the persecutions he went through without complaining, it's allowed to me to see my life in a new perspectives. I chose to see the good in life. Christ is our contentment, and sustainer. Once that is realized we will then be able to live this life in the way that GOD, and not ourselves, have planned.
"I wanna heal, I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve held so long
(Erase all the pain till it’s gone)
I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong

I will never know myself until I do this on my own
And I will never feel anything else, until my wounds are healed
I will never be anything till I break away from me
I will break away, I'll find myself today

"-Linkin Park (Somewhere I Belong)

Miss WWE 2007

Postby rocklobster » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:13 pm

As my grandma is so fond of saying, "Who said life has to be fair?"
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Miss WWE 2007 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:08 am

As my grandma is so fond of saying, "Who said life has to be fair?"

Your grandmother is correct in saying that....We tend to forget that life isnt always fair, and it is always peachy. We become selfish in our ways when we feel that we are entitled to a wonderful life. If life was perfect and gung-ho and always went the way we wanted it to go...we would never learn anything and we also would end up destroying ourselves. I'm glad that I have to struggle sometimes...because in my struggles I become strong...
"I wanna heal, I wanna feel what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I’ve held so long
(Erase all the pain till it’s gone)
I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong

I will never know myself until I do this on my own
And I will never feel anything else, until my wounds are healed
I will never be anything till I break away from me
I will break away, I'll find myself today

"-Linkin Park (Somewhere I Belong)

Miss WWE 2007