Deliverance from Sin

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Deliverance from Sin

Postby Puritan » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:04 pm

A lot has been going on in my spiritual life lately, and I thought I would share what I have learned and what God has done in my life (and hope I don’t ramble on too badly). For starters, I have struggled with a particular sin for years now, though it might be more apt to say I was in a love/hate relationship with my sin. I hated my sin, but continued to go back to it over and over again. I would sin, ask forgiveness for my sin and God’s help to turn from it, and attempt to repent and turn away from my sin, but my efforts were in vain. I would, as an elder at my church put it, “grit my teethâ€
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby rsnumber2 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:54 pm

Amen! Great testimony!
It takes bad jokes to appreciate the good ones.

rsnumber2.com - A directory of all things rsnumber2.
Goufy Shumi - People think my shumi is goufy.

Titus 2:11-14 - What I strive for.
rsnumber2

Location: As a square peg, I am currently trying to fit in a round hole.

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:14 pm

A great testimony to prove that no sin is ever too hard to deal with, because God can work in us for the best^^
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth