How does one preach?

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

How does one preach?

Postby Sun.Ice » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:27 pm

I was wondering how to preach the Word. There's not much I will add to this first post, because I want to here all your answers.
[SIGPIC]http://www.animegalleries.net/av_cache/1210985522.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Sun.Ice

Postby Kaligraphic » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:19 pm

Just say what God is saying, how he's saying it. If he's speaking through you, then if he wants to preach, he will.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby CreatureArt » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:28 pm

What sort of preach circumstance are you thinking of? Street preaching? Preaching in a Church? Prayer is a big part of both, anyway...
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Sun.Ice » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:41 pm

Kaligraphic wrote:Just say what God is saying, how he's saying it. If he's speaking through you, then if he wants to preach, he will.

Oh thanks. So when it's time to preach, God will speak through me?
Sun.Ice

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:19 pm

Pray for God to use you for his purposes, for it all to be him and none of you. Love people as they are, be humble. God will give you the words you need. Just trust him.

Oh, and don't just ramble off a whole lot a Bible verses, the Bible is the cementing factor, but your personal faith is what people are really interested in. Go for it mate!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Angel37 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:25 pm

Decide who your audience is and ask God to help you see what speific need they have, what specific lesson they need to learn from Scriptures, OR find a Scripture that really speaks to you. Research what Scripture you decide to use. You can look it up in commentaries. Get historical background on it. Read the Scripture in context of the whole book so you can show people what was happening at that time. Then, find OTHER Scripture to back up the point made in the first to show its importance in Christian living. Pray ALOT.
My prof once told us that for every minute you preach you should have an hour of preparation for the sermon.
Angel37

Postby Mi-Ru-Me » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:10 pm

Now I will add that you need to study and research and work really hard as well as praying because from experience its a boat load of work getting something put together finding the verses to go along with your topic and then making it long enoph to make a full servise.Also when you preach keep your speaking at a level speed if you go too fast you will end to soon. (from experience) Also remeber that if you preach in your church mostly the congrigation will be behind you all the way so when you speak feel as much at home as you do speaking to your friends.
Mi-Ru-Me

Postby mssthang_1 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:01 am

well, i dunno what kind of preaching ya mean, but when i had to preach for youth sunday, yes, i prayed....and did alot of studying, and i did a power point presentation to outline my sermon....i even put some pictures on them to match with whatever i wuz talking about..because i'm more of a visual person, i just say be yourself when you preach....you don't have to be like everyone else..oh and definately don't wait 'til the last minute.....i've seen some sad, saaad sermons for that very reason ^^
Beware...I have an attitude and I'm not afraid to use it. :shady:

You can thank me for the warning. :eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

~My Deviantart Account~
mssthang_1

Postby Sun.Ice » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:55 am

Thanks guys for the answers...
Sun.Ice

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth