[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
What talent are you most thankful for? - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

What talent are you most thankful for?

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

What talent are you most thankful for?

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:57 am

My favorite parable is the one about the man who gave his stewards talents. I believe it's supposed to teach us to use our talents (remember, in Jesus's time, talents were actually a form of currency. And they were worth quite a lot!) wisely and in a way that glorifies God. So what talents that God has given you are you most thankful for?
For me, it's my magnetic personality. It has drawn people to me in an effortless way and has allowed me to meet all different kinds of people. I haven't always met nice people, but I'm still thankful nevertheless.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mave » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:13 am

Drawing....definitely drawing. Honestly, I can't imagine myself this stable without this form of self-expression and means of escaping reality every now and then.

Thank you God SO MUCH! XD God has been terribly kind to bless me with this gift. Therefore, I'm constantly trying to figure out how to use this talent to its fullest. *nods8
Mave

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:11 am

I am with Mave XD

I loooove Drawing! and I think that God gives us passions and talents that we can use for His glory! ^_^

I want to give back my talent as much as I can. But it's not by MY power that I can draw, it's all because GOD has given me this talent.

I thank God everyday for this ablility.

Phillpians 4:13
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Genma » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:15 am

I am most thankful for my acting talent. It is when I am acting that I am most happy, and at peace. Acting brings me a sense of fulfillment and I like who I am when I am creating a character, rehearsing and interacting with the other performers and characters.
Formerly Known As Johnyouth

:thumb: So that's all I got to say about that,

John
Genma

Location: On another plane of existence...or something etherial

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:24 pm

i'm also thankful for my artistic/drawing ability. it is one of my talents that i enjoy using. as opposed to being forced to play both violin and piano (which i seriously dislike), even though everyone says that i'm so good at it...
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:31 pm

Absolutely drawing. After that, though, singing. I can't imagine living without music. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:54 pm

Writing/creative stuffage. Although I'm not totally the best in the grammer etc. department, I can only try to get better^^ I used to be both a writer and an artist-type person, but I dropped the drawing for writing later on in life. So, I think I'll work on that in specific and be good in that one thing^^ I can vision images, but from now on it would be nice to have someone that can draw (well) to do them^^
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Artist4Jesus89 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:04 pm

I have 3 im really thankful for like a lot Drawing, sining, and song writing :D
Artist4Jesus89

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:23 pm

Drawing and storywriting mainly. I'm only alright at either, but I've told I have great ideas but I believe I just have to refine them and learn more of the mechanics of either. Still I'm praising God!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Aruiko » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:09 am

This might sound funny, but im probably most thankfull for my stubbornes. There are many talents im really thankful too. But i have gained those talents because i´ve been so stubborn. Stubbornes has also been my curse, but God has tought me how to use it in my advantage and for His advandage.
Aruiko

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:50 am

Another talent of mine is more personality orientated. I've been told I'm a very humorous and odd person - that used to scare people away but recently I've been blessed with many friends (in a short period of time) because of it.
Thank you God!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby rsnumber2 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:33 am

I am thankful for my analytical/detail oriented mind. I love problem solving, people call me McGuyver. I also have the odd ability to think abstractly and technically at the same time and at warp speed. I am also thankful for the variety of things the Lord has given me the ability to do. I'm a jack of all trades, and actually quite good at most of them. Actually this post makes me very thankful. I never really thought about it. I'm some form of idiot savant.

45% idiot/50% savant/5%really hungry right now... :sweat:
It takes bad jokes to appreciate the good ones.

rsnumber2.com - A directory of all things rsnumber2.
Goufy Shumi - People think my shumi is goufy.

Titus 2:11-14 - What I strive for.
rsnumber2

Location: As a square peg, I am currently trying to fit in a round hole.

Postby rurouninaruto » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:40 am

I'm most thankful for the fact that I can play guitar well, and that I can draw well.
rurouninaruto

Postby Zilch » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:01 am

If one of my bandmates gives me a guitar riff, I can write up a song within five to ten minutes of hearing it a few times. That, and my random ability to make friends with completely total strangers.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:09 am

Making people laugh through my ramblings ranks high on my list. As does my love of storytelling. Lock me in a room for and indefinite period of time with nothing to do, I'll pace in a circle and spin myself a story to keep me busy.

And of course, self-provided sound effects are a must.
Fish and Chips

Postby HimeNoTama » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:44 am

I don't really have a talent that I'm most thankful for, since my talents, as a whole tend to rely upon eachother.

However, if I just had to choose one talent to keep, one special thing I could do: it would be horse riding/training. (yes, that's one talent...these two skills can't be separated with the horses I work with)
HimeNoTama

Postby Althaia » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:18 pm

i am extremely thankful i have a really nice voice especially in the lower ranges or so i am told very day i thank God i have this talent because music is the way i express myself i would be very very depressed without it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color=cyan]† [size=84]smile Jesus loves you[/SIZE][/color]

procastinators unite.......................tommorrow

[color=palegreen]So in times when all your hope is gone
And you go through life afraid
In your heart there lies a hopeful song
That is there to guide the way
And all the hurt and all the pain
You soon will learn was not in vain
For all your prayers, they will be heard
They'll come to pass through faith [/color]

[color=palegreen]~When you Believe from Prince of Egypt

[/color]
Althaia

Postby jorvaa » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:36 pm

I guess you could say that my talent is in understanding people and listening. I'm usually very good with giving advice, and with understanding what a person might be thinking at a given time.
"The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love is Hell." - C.S. Lewis

[My LJ] - [My DA]
jorvaa

Postby Casull » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:20 am

jorvaa wrote:I guess you could say that my talent is in understanding people and listening. I'm usually very good with giving advice, and with understanding what a person might be thinking at a given time.

Being able to listen is a great talent :) I wasn't very good at that a while ago =\

I suppose I'm thankful for my new found thinking ability. As some may have seen in my prayer request thread I went through stuff, my thinking was at... 6%? lol I didn't have very good propriety then at all at that... well now I am at the very least able to think things out very well, however! with this comes over-thinking! I'm still learning.

As far a my natural talents go I think I am most thankful for the arts :)

praise the Lord for the talents he gave us, and the new ability's we are able to gain ^_^
@}-------
Casull

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth