My appreciation thread

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

My appreciation thread

Postby Sonic_13 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:26 am

I know I don't visit this site as much as I should. I think I've recieved a bad impression amongst most of you. For that I am sorry :(

But I have a testimonial I feel I have to share.

I am of age 18, and until 4 weeks ago I have never faithfully attended a church service. Many conflicts, including methods of transportation, and fear of perverted translations of The Bible have scared me.

Well, I have finally found the perfect church for me. The people there are amazing, and our pastor is a really tremendous world class musician. The Sunday morning services last for 2 hours, 45 which consist of singing hymns that the pastor himself has written, 15 minutes of testimonials and an hour of going over The Bible (it's taking us 5 weeks to go over Luke 12 =)

Details aside! The first three weeks I have been going I've really begun to feel changes. I've been a lot happier about things, and I am coming to realize that everything I have been worried about in my life has been tremendously silly. After working so hard to make life easy for you, you lose it all. My life should have been focused much more on God, and I'm so thankful that this church I have found is teaching me this.

My parents never really tried pressuring my sisters or me into going to church, at all. In fact, they themselves were never big church goers. I have been trying to tell them all to go with me, but to no avail. So the third week one of the church regulars approach me and begins to make conversation.

He asks me how my lifes going, how school is, and if there was anything I wanted to pray for. I couldn't think of anything, my life has always been great, but then my family came to mind. I told him I wanted them to go to church with me, I wanted them to find Christ so one day we could be together in Heaven.

He and I pray, and the next day I get a phone call. The man who has told me about the church calls up and tells me he'd like to meet me, see how things are going. He tells me he's heard I really wanted my family to start going to church. So I tell him it's true, and we pray about it.

Now, having NONE of this mentioned to my family, it just happens that today they were all dressed up and saying they really wanted to go with me to church. I was so amazed, I almost cried.

They all came and save my sister (who went down to the teen room, and plans to stay upstairs with the pastor next week) had a really great time. I find this truely amazing, and I am so happy that after 18 years of being a horrible, unworthy and undedicated Christian that God still loves me and listens to what I have to ask from him.
Not trying to start a new suhssuhsuhsss sensation
I'm just talking 'bout my jejejeh generation!
Sonic_13

Postby Sakura15 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:21 am

^_^ That's an awesome testimony.

It's amazing how God works isn't it?

God Bless you!
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Syreth » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:53 pm

That's really awesome! It sounds like you've found a church that God is moving in and that's great!! That says a lot about a church when a member meets you and wants to pray for you (and even calls you and asks how you're doing!). That's awesome that God is working in your family, too!
Syreth

Postby Ryupower » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:01 pm

HALLELUJAH! PRAISE THE LIVING LAMB! :D
G-d is awesome, ainHe?
My DA

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Ryupower

Postby Sonic_13 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:48 pm

It is amazing! And I think I was saved today! My friends at the church helped me pray, and I must say I feel like a whole new person. It's so amazing =) I wish I had gone to church earlier!

My family still goes with me. The power of the Lord is so awesome, it moves me to tears.
Not trying to start a new suhssuhsuhsss sensation
I'm just talking 'bout my jejejeh generation!
Sonic_13

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth