The Return

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

The Return

Postby Will Smith, Jr » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:54 pm

Hey my brothers and sisters in Christ. It's been awhile for me but I want to share the with you Christ's blessings in my life over the past few months.

Around May this year, I posted a prayer request for my wife and I on passing our respective law and medical exams. Well, my wife passed the Bar and I am now in residency for internal medicine here in Atlanta.

My wife has been such a true joy. Since passing the bar, she applied for several different jobs but did not hear anything back. She was really becoming anxious because she was just sitting at home doing nothing. And since I was at work, that made it all the more difficult. However, in October she realized that she was seeking a job more than she was seeking Jesus Christ and refocused on Him and learned to be content. Similarly for me, I had been dealing with so many things as a husband and physician that I too was not seeking God properly on matters of the heart. So He broke me down and showed me that I needed to be content too. So here we are broken as a couple to allow God to mold us to be content instead of looking for the next thing (Philippians 4:10-13).

Then the Lord opened an opportunity for my wife to open up her own law practice. A church member donated her spare office practice to my wife to use as her new office. She is taking clients and is bringing the character of Christ to everyone she sees.

For me, I have been convicted about not being ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ (Romans 1:16). God had to show me that I need to love people so much that I can't be afraid to mention His name or His love even if it means that others might think I am crazy, some Jesus freak, or may not want to be my friends anymore. Admittedly, I would bite my tongue when it came to Christ because I didn't want people to not like me. But in essence, I was loving people's relationship more than I love God. And that ain't cool.

I see people dying in the hospital everyday; patients and their families along with my colleagues need to know that Jesus Christ loves them. God is still helping me to bold with my faith, of course tempered with gentleness and respect. And sometimes it is downright hard, so I ask for prayer from you.

Just wanted to share that testimony with you and I hope that it encourages you. Christ is our ever-present help in our time of trouble (Psalms 46:1-2).

Glad to see that the Alliance is allowing the light of Christ to shine that the world may see Him through us and glorify Him (Matthew 5:16).

Blessings,
WillieDoc aka Will Smith, Jr.
Will Smith, Jr

Postby wiggins » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:25 pm

Cool! Good on you and your wife. That oart about not being ashamed to speak about Jesus to others cuz I we should love God more then people's relationships was a real eye-opener for me. Thanks! Now... the hard part - putting that into practice...
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby Shinja » Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:12 pm

cool good news is always ... well, good

will keep praying
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby shooraijin » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:52 pm

Great! Internal medicine ... yuck, I'll be on inpatient IM in December (on call New Year's Eve!) and February. Next month is pediatrics. At least in FP we have breaks now and then. :)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Will Smith, Jr » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:15 pm

Thanks for the encouragment. So you're thinking about medicine, heh, Cephas? Drop me a line if you need some pointers, insights, or prayers. I am having so much fun...

WillieDoc
Will Smith, Jr

Postby Tet-chan » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:03 am

I am thinking doing medicine as well since my dream is to save people from sickness.
Tet-chan

Postby Straylight » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:24 am

The medical field is huge... and not just limited to the practical, direct side. There are a lot of research areas too, if you feel that's more of your kind of thing. I'm doing a Bioinformatics degree, which is a mixture of Biochemistry (the study of biological molecules) and computing science (mainly programming). Genome and protein analysis form the core of the course, which are important skills used to develop medicines. It's a really interesting field :)

Really cool testimony anyways.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Will Smith, Jr » Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:20 am

You're right DJ Noz. You're in a very high powered field. Biochem was bad enough, though I liked it, I couldn't imagine taking it to the next level (did you ever have to diagram an enzyme?) The basic science, research, and clinical practice are all cyclical upon each other. It's amazing to see God endow His children with so much to impact the kingdom for Him. Let me know how your studies go, DJN. Hey, Tet-Chan, medicine is rewarding and very very broad so there are tons of stuff you can do. For anybody, just PM me and we can talk about stuff.

WillieDoc
Will Smith, Jr

Postby Tet-chan » Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:16 am

I've been studying really hard for bio and chemistry and thank God he rewarded me with excellent results.I am definitely going to take medicine now
Tet-chan

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth