[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
July 2014 NaNoWriMo Campers?? - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

July 2014 NaNoWriMo Campers??

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

July 2014 NaNoWriMo Campers??

Postby Komashin Sei » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:09 am

Is anyone doing July 2014 Camp??

I'm writing a Seiya/Usagi sci-fi fantasy adventure fanfic.  Would love to have any fellow anime/manga-fan Wrimos in my cabin regardless of whether or not you love BSSM and regardless of who you ship!
http://campnanowrimo.org/campers/seijit ... -stars-sot

Here's the info:
A Seiya/Usagi sci-fi fantasy adventure taking place directly after Sailor Stars in the anime canon.  Though star seeds were returned throughout the galaxy, while living as refugees in the rebuilt capital of Kinmoku-sei, Sailors Lethe and Mnemosyne seize the planet to end their unresolved warring planets’ strife.  Seiya’s last-ditch effort recruits Sailor Moon to help take back his home planet, but they get more than they bargained for with a new Sailor War chock full of unearthed secrets, betrayals and alliances, cultural differences, some familiar faces, and… just who is Kakyuu, really?

Although I shipped S/U from before the word “shipper” was a thing, I’m sticking strictly to canon, serious about respecting the original work, a historian, and lover of doing research.  This is quite S/U but is not a Seiya-and-Usagi-cheat-on-Mamoru fic, an Usagi-used-to-love-Mamoru-but-she-just-can’t-help-that-her-feelings-changed-and-she-has-no-choice-but-to-blindly-obey-them fic, an Usagi-was-in-love-with-Seiya-from-the-beginning fic, a Seiya-needs-to-get-over-Usagi fic, nor a yuri/shoujo ai/femslash fic.  You might be screaming that ol’ “But what about Chibi-usa and Crystal Tokyo?!” question, or “Why would Seiya still be a guy?!” or “How dare you even conceive of pairing Mamoru with Michiru?!” but I’ve logically thought all these out and consulted the canonical sources in detail; my aim is to make a plausible case in these aspects for any demographic of shippers willing to give it a shot.  The relationships I’m exploring in this fic were arguably suggested at least once in Takeuchi Naoko-sensei’s work and/or in the anime (excluding Kaitou Ace/Sailor Iron Mouse and Artemis/Sailor Iron Mouse).  I have zero interest in OCs or a Mary Sue (the only very minor OCs here are an adoptive father for Lethe and your occasional Monster-of-the-Week based on Greek mythology regarding Mnemosyne), and no AU, no character bashing, no yaoi/shounen ai/slash, no poly, no incest, no bestiality, no mpreg, no non-con, no major character deaths (hey, I’m even raising Kaitou Ace to life for you!) will end up in this fic. Lime but no lemon, language-free except for the occasional “sh*t” or “a**.”
Takeuchi Naoko, Toei Animation Co., Ltd., and Kodansha Ltd. are the rightful owners of these characters and settings. No profit is made from this work.
Komashin Sei

Return to Writing