I've been thinking...

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

I've been thinking...

Postby Chronicler1701 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:32 pm

Hey, there.
It's been a while since I've been on here; college and whatnot.

Okay, I'm working on a series of books following a man named Ezekiel (I renamed him from Kevin). He was made immune to aging and illness by God, as part of a deal. So, by extension, if he never dies from injury, he never dies.

I was inspired by a sci-fi TV show to actually work out how he would feel after about 500 years of working for God. Knowing that family is one of THE primary targets for the enemy, Ezekiel made a plea and was also promised that his wife, his sister, and his sister's husband will never die. He never made that plea for his progeny. But he was promised that all of his offspring and all of their offspring will love God even more than Ezekiel does.

Up to this point, when he's over 500 years old, he has lost every child born to him to sickness or murder. He is obviously deeply pained at the thought of them.

Would anyone else have any thoughts?
Thank You, Jesus, for everything You've given me.

His Love is deep, His Love is wide
And it covers us.
His Love is fierce, His Love is strong
It is furious.
His Love is sweet, His Love is wild,
And it's waking hearts to life.

Current astronomical equipment:
Telescope: Meade ETX-90(pending repair)
Eyepieces: Meade Series 4000 26mm Super Plössl

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Ed, Edd n Eddy is awesome!
Best Pokémon, ever: Deoxys
Favorite Fairy Tail Guild member and supporting character: Erza Scarlet and Loke. They're both willing to sacrifice everything they've got to protect those they hold dear.

Revelation 2:17
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” (NKJV)
Chronicler1701

Location: In the Royal City of Edolas, researching new techniques of building vehicles.

Re: I've been thinking...

Postby drill » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:41 am

First off, happy birthday :D

I would suggest reading Job. I think your character closely resembles how Job felt when he was questioning God.
drill

Re: I've been thinking...

Postby Chronicler1701 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:08 am

Why, thank you, friend.

You've got a point. I've read Job a few times, and you're right.
Thank You, Jesus, for everything You've given me.

His Love is deep, His Love is wide
And it covers us.
His Love is fierce, His Love is strong
It is furious.
His Love is sweet, His Love is wild,
And it's waking hearts to life.

Current astronomical equipment:
Telescope: Meade ETX-90(pending repair)
Eyepieces: Meade Series 4000 26mm Super Plössl

Elements:
Water
Electricity
Heat
Cold
Wind
Magnetism
Time

Forces:
Strength
Speed
Beasts

And, finally:
All

Ed, Edd n Eddy is awesome!
Best Pokémon, ever: Deoxys
Favorite Fairy Tail Guild member and supporting character: Erza Scarlet and Loke. They're both willing to sacrifice everything they've got to protect those they hold dear.

Revelation 2:17
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it.” (NKJV)
Chronicler1701

Location: In the Royal City of Edolas, researching new techniques of building vehicles.

Return to Writing