Angelic Rambling

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Would you care to know what the yellow cloud was or just that people died?

Total votes: 0

Angelic Rambling

Postby WhiteÃ…ngel » Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:00 am

Today seemed like any other day. I woke up, got dressed, did the whole hygene thing and went to get breakfast when I started to feel leary about something. I couldn't quite describe it. The feeling was so strange that I lost my appetite.

I hugged and kissed the wife, but couldn't seem to let go. She said she kind of felt wierd today too. Kind of like the feeling you get after a bad horror movie and your so appriciative that your next to the one you love and it was just a movie. I decided to go to work anyway. I prayed with her so we would be comforted with whatever the day would hold.

I told her I would keep in touch throughout the day ( little did I know that this would be the last time I would see her alive... glad we left each other in such a loving way).

I live in a large town where it is more common to take the transit system ( we'll call it a subway for familiarity) then to take a car. While waiting for the ride to reach the station the tv's above head were showing different news stations from all over the world. Strange men were telling of the prophecies written in the bible. It is strange to hear someone saying the things I have read over and over and never really understood like the book of Revelations, but when they say it, it seems to make so much sense. I found myself just standing there listening.... I realized after a while that I had been listening for over an hour and the news station just kept playing what they were saying ( that seemed pretty wierd ).

I decided against going to work and was walking back home to tell the wife what I had been hearing. These days had been pretty strange anyway with all of the storms , volcanoes, earthquakes and such happening so often, but this seemed different somehow... like the final hand played in a card game and all there was left to do now was pick up the pieces.

Just as that thought crossed my mind, a huge explosion happened.... a billowing yellow cloud pushed it's way through the city. People were dropping all around me. My heart was racing... WHAT IN GOD'S PRECIOUS NAME IS GOING ON!! I went over to the man that had just fallen in front of me... he was very dead and it happened quite fast.

Why was I spared ... ( just then I remembered Clare). OH NO CLARE !!... I ran as fast as I could and was still trying to figure out why I could breath through this yellow pea soup. In fact I just realized that I felt strong.... really strong... and a great peace was welling up within me. My mind was at odds with itself... should I fell guilty for having peace when all around me everybody is dying.

Still running at a good clip.. I saw him! Someone else just like me alive as if no harm could come on him. He called me over and asked why I was running. I explained and before I could finish he said, "you know they are dead..right?" I pretended I didn't understand, "what, who!", "your loved ones" he said. I knew what he meant.. I felt it .. I knew that she would be gone.

I just had to know why I was still here. I asked "is this the rapture?". He said "that is not our concern now". He spoke as if he had total understanding of what was going on and why we survived. He tried to explain, but first asked why I have fear... he said "don't you know that within all happenings it is for the glory of the Lord .. where is the faith you had when he chose you?" I gave a puzzled look .. "chose me?"

I remembered a dream I had where I actually spoke to Him and he asked me to gather the sheep that haven't heard the call. He had asked me to stay behind and I accepted. This would seem like a fluke, but I knew better then that too. I have been given some kind of job to do for the Lord and this guy is going to tell me what it is.

I calmed down and listened to the info he had been given, but in the back of my head I was wondering... who or what would I be ministering to that could survive all this and what is in store for me......

TO BE CONTINUED....
WhiteÃ…ngel

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:49 am

I'll be waiting for more. I think I'll hold off on further comments until I get a better grasp on what the story is going to be about.
uc pseudonym

Return to Writing