NaNoWriMo 2013

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

NaNoWriMo 2013

Postby QtheQreater » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:57 pm

Well, anybody up for it this year? November is prowling right around the corner...
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Re: NaNoWriMo 2013

Postby Banana Lobster » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:14 pm

You bet! I've already got something in mind that I've been working on for a while, it'll be fun to finally start writing it. :)
Banana Lobster

Postby Winry » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:32 pm

Yup gonna try again this year! Need to do some serious brainstorming though XD
Winry

Postby Peanut » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:53 pm

Its become almost a yearly tradition for me to try this and then fail within the first week so yep...doing that again.
Peanut

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:50 am

Yes I am.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:41 pm

What is this sorcery?
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Okami » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:55 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:What is this sorcery?

National Novel Writing Month!

I'm thinking on it. Have been for a while. I've decided that if I go for my fourth year, I'll be revisiting my 2010 novel, Caroline.
Okami

Postby Lynna » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:13 pm

Yup :) This year my goal is to finish the story by the end of the month--last year I didn't get halfway, even though I met the word count. I'm afraid that the story that has been mulling in my head the last few months has become rather complicated, though, so I'm not sure how well this will work out. I also might be moving next month, so that might make NaNoWriMo more hectic this year.
Lynna

Postby QtheQreater » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:39 pm

I see crazy people. Hooray! 6 more days to plan...or do nothing.

Peanut wrote:Its become almost a yearly tradition for me to try this and then fail within the first week so yep...doing that again.

"You may ask, 'how did this tradition get started?' I'll tell you. I don't know. But it's a tradition."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw

Lynna wrote:Yup :) This year my goal is to finish the story by the end of the month--last year I didn't get halfway, even though I met the word count. I'm afraid that the story that has been mulling in my head the last few months has become rather complicated, though, so I'm not sure how well this will work out. I also might be moving next month, so that might make NaNoWriMo more hectic this year.

I have a 3 month old and a two year old...hectic is what makes this interesting! Besides, whatever gets written is stuff that wouldn't have existed on paper before, regardless of finishing or not.

Technically, I suppose, most of this won't exist on paper at the end of the month...word processors and all that jazz...

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby Adie » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:29 pm

I love NaNoWriMo! :D I'm doubtful that I'll meet the word count this year, since it's been an especially busy school semester, but I'm still going to try.
Adie

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:27 pm

Well, count me in. I doubt I'll have time to actually do this, but I can try. Halfway through November, though, I imagine I won't have any time at all to write.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby GeneD » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:41 am

I have exams right in the middle of Nov this year, so sadly I'm going to have to skip. In all honesty even if I could do it, I'd have no idea what to write about, I've had zero inspiration/story ideas lately.
GeneD

Postby DecooPunk » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:50 am

My mom said I should, so I joined. No idea what I'm going to write about.
DecooPunk

Postby QtheQreater » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:21 am

It all starts at midnight tonight, folks.

Which one are you this year: a planner or a pantser?

Mostly pantser here. I have a few ideas and last year's novel to write a sequel for, but that's it.

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:53 am

*withers in corner of depression* I'm not reeeeaaaadyyyyyy....

That said, I'm gonna have to be a panster this year. I prefer to be and know I write better when I'm a planner, but this one came up too fast. I didn't even know about NaNaWriMo until you made this thread, Q. So I have an idea that I've thought about writing for awhile, and this is the initiative to actually write it. But all I have are main and supporting characters, and a general plot/theme/something in mind. Honestly, I don't even really know what the premise is yet. Hopefully it'll all come to me in a flash of brilliant colors at 11:59 tonight. Otherwise...yeah...

ClaecElric4God

Postby goldenspines » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:24 pm

Oh hey, yeah, since I graduated college and no longer have homework to suck all my time away I'm going to take a stab at this this year. >_>

I never plan ahead when I write except for a main premise, some character details and a setting. I like improv acting and that's how I write (all the world's a stage). XD; Granted, I'm mostly a short story writer, so this will be something a bit out of my comfort area...

And do people link their NaNo profiles anymore nowadays? I know we all did way back when to be writing buddies and see everyone's progress, but I don't know if that's a thing anymore.

Here's mine anyways >_>: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/goldenspines
goldenspines

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:38 pm

ClaecElric4God

Postby Banana Lobster » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:58 pm

Unfortunately, I can't post a link to my profile on the YWP, so if you want to see me, you'll have to have your own profile. Sorry guys, while making a profile on the main site sounds cool and very tempting, I don't think I'm up to the challenge of 50,000 words yet, so I'll be sticking with my YWP one for a little while longer. Maybe next year. ;)
Banana Lobster

Postby QtheQreater » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:51 pm

Mine: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/two_hour_nap

I don't keep track of everybody else's progress. I keep score. MWAHAHA!

Not really.

But if anybody wants a wordcount competitor, I'll be your huckleberry.

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:14 pm

That's tempting, Q. But I'm not sure I can keep up with the pace of a seasoned NaNoWriMoer. But we shall see, I suppose. Oh, so how do you get that nifty wordcount thingamajigger in your sig?

Anyways, midnight is upon us (at least those of us in my region of the world). So I shall put my vague ideas to paper...er, screen.

ClaecElric4God

Postby GeneD » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:57 am

People are putting ideas into my head about starting Nano exactly half way in (my last exam is on the 15th) and either trying to catch up or just aiming for 25 000. The latter is obviously easier but I'd have to convince myself very hard to not try to go for the win. And of course since I've had no writing ideas all year long they're now all hitting me out of nowhere.

The upside is that if I decide to go for it, I'll have some time to plan things, although just the basics since I'm definitely a pantser. I actually have a clearer idea of a style I want to experiment with than the actual story, so it could be good to try it in a year where I might not have to concern myself too much with the actual word count.
GeneD

Postby DecooPunk » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:56 am

http://nanowrimo.org/participants/iamaa ... vel-475369
This is mine. Be forewarned, my writing stinks.
DecooPunk

Postby Winry » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:20 am

Here's mine: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/winry

Time to get started! =D
Winry

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:41 pm

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Lynna » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:40 pm

http://nanowrimo.org/participants/lynna_kylana I think I have quite a few of you on my buddy list already. Feel free to add me, and good luck everyone!
This morning, even though I had a lot of ideas for my story, I had to figure out my main characters name...I will make sure I do this in advance next year.
Lynna

Postby Okami » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:25 pm

Got my first 1,000 words in. :D Quite happy considering I'm focused on Youmacon for the weekend!
Okami

Postby Peanut » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:05 pm

I am successfully a couple hundred words ahead of my goal. Can I get a cookie for this accomplishment or a nice gift bag?
Last edited by Peanut on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peanut

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:12 pm

*hands Peanut a really nice gift bag...with a cookie in it*

ClaecElric4God

Postby QtheQreater » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:57 am

Claec, we are at war!

Seriously, though, why did this have to start when my infant is teething? You need to take a break for about a day or so. *stares at screen with bloodshot eyes*

Peanut wrote:I am successfully a couple hundred words ahead of my goal. Can I get a cookie for this accomplishment or a nice gift bag?

There is a massive storehouse of rubber chickens around here somewhere. I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, here's a piece of fuzz I found on the floor.

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:11 am

Bring it on, Q.

But when you're wallowing in misery after your sound defeat, remember, you brought this upon yourself. *cackles evilly, also with bloodshot eyes*

ClaecElric4God

Next

Return to Writing