Comment!

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Comment!

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:00 pm

The artist looks at poem forums
and reads his word count
he's proud of that word count; because
every word counts
When the views trickle in, it's a cause of joy
but no one comments
they make no commitment
stealing produce from a grocery store
or thoughts from behind a computer screen
there is no price but a word of advice
or simply "I enjoyed your poem."

Perhaps you, in fact, enjoyed it!
it made you feel content.
but when you leave no thoughtful word
the artist screams "COMMENT!"

Eight years of words. Think on it, eight!
a great number, all told. Yet
it get's better
when people make a statement
and communicate their intent.
So please, like, share, and comment.
Zarn Ishtare

Re: Comment!

Postby ADXC » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:11 pm

I enjoyed your poem.

XD

But seriously, that's an interesting poem. I accidentally clicked on the page and left it, but then regretted it because I didn't read what was in it. So then I decided to go back and read it. I'm no expert at poetry, but I do like the idea that this one gets across. It seems as though the artist in the poem just wants a comment regardless of whether the comment they will receive is positive or not. So here is a comment or something, I guess. I'm not sure if you're the writer of this or you just happened to be one of the "sharers." Regardless, thanks for the interesting poem as it helped me to become more mindful of how I choose to reply to said material in the future.
ADXC

Postby Lynna » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:24 pm

Hmmm, I think you might be trying to tell us something XD
I like it. Your poems are really good. There was something in the last verse that seemed to clunk slightly, but I'm not sure what so maybe it's just me.
I completely understand this poem. I wrote a novella for a self-directed studies block in school, but although the teacher gave me a high mark, she never actually said what she thought about the story as a whole.
Lynna

Postby Peanut » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:34 pm

I take credit for every comment in this thread Zarn.
Peanut

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:40 pm

I am the writer of this. This is not a hidden message, symbolic poem. I'm tired of offering up the grisly bits and happy bits of my art to a crowd of silent watchers. That, and Peanut said I should do this poem, so I did. 3 comments for 40 views proves my point.
Zarn Ishtare

Postby ADXC » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:43 pm

3 comments in 34 minutes seems good to me though.
ADXC

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:43 am

"I enjoyed your poem." :)
I'm sorry we don't always comment on your poems. I didn't realize that was so important to you. When I write, I enjoy knowing that someone actually took the time to read it and might have enjoyed it. If someone didn't enjoy it, it's not really their fault. People don't always think to comment, because they assume that your poems are there to read and enjoy, and it doesn't occur to them to comment. If it was me, I'd be excited that, within 40 minutes, 40 people took the time to read it. *shrug* But that's just me. But try to look at the bright side, and don't just be discouraged that no one takes the time to comment. I like your poetry. It's very unique and thought-provoking and sometimes abstract. I just didn't bother to comment up till now because I didn't realize it was expected of me, or that my silence would depress you and make you feel cheated. I'm truly sorry that I was so thoughtless and selfish. I shall try to do better in the future. Keep up the good work, and hopefully we the readers can live up to your expectations.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Peanut » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:26 pm

ADXC wrote:3 comments in 34 minutes seems good to me though.

This. This is probably the most successful thread of its kind on the Writing forum in quite sometime Zarn. Its definitely more successful in terms of generating comments then the other poems you've given individual threads too.
Peanut

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:28 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:If it was me, I'd be excited that, within 40 minutes, 40 people took the time to read it.

If it was me and I had 40 views in 40 minutes, I'd just assume that it meant I was hitting the refresh button once a minute.

One minor critique: "gets," not "get's". "Gets" is never a contraction.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby GeneD » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:14 pm

I really like the comparison between not leaving a comment and stealing from a store, the idea that giving it some thought and letting the author know is payment for being able to read and hopefully enjoy the poem. Or any other work of art for that matter. Unfortunately it's not as enforceable as "thou shalt not steal".

Seriously, kudos for eight years.

As a point of interest, does anyone know if non-members/logged-off members also rack up the amount of views?
GeneD

Return to Writing