[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
A Pause, Poetic - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

A Pause, Poetic

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

A Pause, Poetic

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Sat May 25, 2013 10:48 pm

"A Pause, Poetic"

the pause before the poetry

is the grandest moment of the movement, metaphysical

before the phrasing and phases of form conform to a norm

and become this or that particular particle,

there is a pause, so perfect

searching for a pose to posture,

a face to form

before all this, there is

an energizing emptiness

a quiet quintessence

a silence so deep it puts space to shame

It has no name but this:

Bliss.

Poetic emptiness.

Post Script:

So here's an excerpt from my long and mostly incomprehensible thread; I deem it worthy of public consumption, as well as criticism, and place it here before you now. Enjoy.
Zarn Ishtare

Re: A Pause, Poetic

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:49 pm

48 views but no reviews? What?
Zarn Ishtare

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:56 pm

83 views and no comment....can I get a review, 83 people?
Zarn Ishtare

Postby FreddyCast » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:30 pm

I'm no critic, and I'm an amatuer writer who also likes to write some poems (mostly love poems) but I'll give this a whirl.
Your poem was a bit hard to understand at first, but after a few reads I finally understood it's meaning. Although I myself wouldn't call the pause before the poetry Bliss. Bliss to me comes when one has reached their end. The quiet rest after the completion. But that's me.
The flow and pacing was nice as well. I didn't find a place that would make me stumble or pause or feel an abrupt change (although I had to read it a few times to understand what you were saying).
Other than that, your poetry was good.
I hope you keep on making good poetry.

Love of Christ to you, my Friend
ImageHebrews 13:2 Do not forget/neglect to entertain (show hospitality to) strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
My Manga Story "The Fallen Rise"
GOD'S CREATION, THE FALL OF LUCIFER, & THE RISE OF THE MESSIAH Enter my Channel if you dare
ROMAN CATHOLIC MARIOLATRY Series
MY BLOG
FreddyCast

Location: Under Kris-tina's bed or hiding in Wolfsong's tree (you can't find me)

Postby Peanut » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:42 pm

Good poem Zarn. The pacing and lining where all good and it sheds a bit of light on a part of your creative process in a unique way. I can sort of relate to it though a lot of times when I do write for whatever it tends to be be more spontaneous as the ideas just pop out for me. Keep it up.
Peanut

Postby Lynna » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:36 pm

I love it! It has some really good alliteration and consonance, and the flow it really great.
Lynna

Return to Writing