Poetry.

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Poetry.

Postby Koneko-chan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Little bluebird won't you tweet?
As the light twinkles, the air speaks, the eerie feel
of the night runs through the trees,
The sound of silence is so sweet,
Little bluebird, why don't you sing? It is that you don't
feel the freedom that guides your wings?

Little Bluebird.

(This is my first thought out serious poem. Tell me what you think ^^. I copyright this, don't post this anywhere.)
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

You are forgiven. Always and completely forgiven. - The 11th Doctor
No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Total Grell fangirl. :3 <3
Koneko-chan

Re: Poetry.

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:29 pm

This one is probably kinda babyish, but keep in mind it was my first one. I'll try to be more serious next poem I come up with. >.<
"I believe...I want to live my life, carrying my memories with me. Even if those memories are painful, even if those memories do nothing but hurt me...Even those memories I wish I could forget...As long as I keep carrying them with me and don't run away from them. Someday...Someday, I believe I will get to the point where I'm not oppressed by those memories. That's what I want to believe. I'd like to think that there's not a single memory that I have which would be okay to forget." -Momiji Sohma - Fruits Basket

No matter how small the problem is, how small the thing is, it will always effect the people around you. - Yuko Ichihara - XXXHolic
Koneko-chan

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:13 pm

I like it, Koneko! Reminds me how I feel sometimes when I sit outside on a misty morning, sitting on the fence and watching the mockingbirds - I know they ain't blue, but... - and just wish they'd sing instead of chase each other.
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:24 pm

Aww, thank you! Lol, the only birds I see near my house are pigeons and once a hummingbird. XD I wish the birds sang too!

Koneko-chan

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:40 pm

Don't. Let me warn you now,and try to save you a portion of the struggle; what you write, when you write with the desire to express something, is much more important than an attempt to sound 'serious'. If there is a seriousness in you that should be described, do it; if there is a 'babyish' feeling in you that you wish to express, express it. What a poet writes is the truth, whether it is written starkly or veiled and disguised by the private symbolism of the poet.

For me, I liked the poem. It has a beautiful, simplistic quality to it. Don't disregard it or despise it for what makes it a good poem. That inner bit that came from you to the page, however big or small that bit is, has more worth than a thousand 'expertly written' poems. I'll finish with a thought; when you feel free to express something in you, like the child within, or something that is pure and simple, you give permission to all the people who read it to do so as well. There is fear in going first; but when you do so you free others to follow in the wake.
Zarn Ishtare

Postby Koneko-chan » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:56 pm

Wow. Thank you! I think I'll write more later on. Again, thank you~ Your and Wolfie's comment gave me some confidence that poem didn't suck. Now when I look at it, I find it very cute and innocent.

Koneko-chan

Postby Koneko-chan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:09 pm

I've learned how to try,
And trying is not always success,
But I have also learned you have to give it your best,
So trying your best is how you success,
Don't give up just yet
You have your whole life up ahead.

I call this one Try.
*Shrug* I like it! :D

Koneko-chan

Postby syphon » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:07 pm

I don't really know much about poems but I thought both were really good. Great work :) The last one made me think I should try and draw again even though the last time I drew I wasn't happy with the results lol

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.-1 john 4:7
syphon

Postby Koneko-chan » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:27 am

Thanks, Jeremy! I'm glad :D lol.

Koneko-chan

Postby SierraLea » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:20 am

I like your poetry, it's very lighthearted. Please post more and more often!
Also, try something other than free verse. YOu might like it.
SierraLea

Postby Wolfsong » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:37 pm

I like that one, reminds me of something I've been reminding myself lately. "If at first you don't succeed, try try again"
Keep it up, I really like your poety.
Wolfsong

Postby Koneko-chan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:39 pm

Thanks guys! :D Sorry, but free verse? And sure, I'll post more! Thanks again, guys! >u<

Koneko-chan

Postby SierraLea » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:37 am

Koneko-chan wrote:Thanks guys! :D Sorry, but free verse? And sure, I'll post more! Thanks again, guys! >u<

Free verse is poetry that doesn't have a structered meter or rhyme scheme. Other examples of non-free verse are sonnets, quatrains, and anything that follows a specific rhythm and rhyme scheme. Most older poetry is written like that.
SierraLea

Return to Writing