NaNoWriMo 2012

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:20 pm

Eh... this is more prep MONTH for me. Gaining detailed knowledge about 1922 and less detailed bits about the ~500 years before isn't something I'm gonna pull off in a day.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby GeneD » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:10 am

My situation is the exact opposite of Winry's.

2010: No planning. Had fun writing and I think the story was half way decent though a bit bland. Won.

2011: Some planning -characters and story hit points. Writing was a chore and jumped all over the place. The story felt like someone had put it through a shredder. Won.

2012: No planning! I am going to try a revamping of 2011's story with a lot of changes. Technically I've thought about the changes and things but I haven't written anything down so I don't count it as planning. I might also switch back and forth with a (intended) children's story I started earlier this year.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Cianter » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:13 am

Wow, I've been browsing the NaNo website, and there is a LOT to look through with all the threads I'm interested in, haha. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. But, on the bright side, I wrote 2,915 words last night, so I'd say I'm definitely geared up for NaNo now. I'm on page 250 of book two, but I have the issue of possibly finishing it too soon. I really only want to work on this book right now, but I don't want to finish it before November because starting books is so fun for me and I want to be able to start November with the beginning of the third book. Well, I suppose I will just have to scale down on how much I am writing a day. Or just work on one of my other two books, so we'll see I suppose. I just don't want there to be too much time between book two and three, so let's hope I can get it figured out, haha.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][color="DarkOrchid"]Yes, I'm a girl. I push doors that clearly say PULL. I laugh harder when I try to explain why I'm laughing. I walk into a room and forget why I went in there. I count on my fingers in math class. I try to accomplish things when there is still time on the microwave. I lie sometimes to hide the pain. I say it's a long story when it's really not.[/color]

[color="Yellow"]When you're home alone: 10%-Say "who is it" 64%-Look through the peep hole then open it if you know them 25%-Open the door 1%-Crawl around on the ground like a ninja and look through the window very quietly to make sure it isn't a masked murderer. I'm that 1%[/color]

[color="Red"]I'm so talented I can fall up stairs, trip on flat surfaces, and get hit by parked cars XD[/color]

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Cianter
Cianter

Postby Lynna » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:36 am

I'm going to only do a minimal bit of planning, based on the suggestions of a writing site I like. Last year, though, I was finishing a story I had been working on for years, so this year I want to try not planning, in Pantser-style.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby LadyRushia » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm in again this year and aiming to finish a WIP because I seriously need a completed draft of it soon if I wanna get it published ever.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Zeldafan2 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:46 am

I'm considering joining it. It sounds like fun, and could really help me do better with my writing.
Zeldafan2

Postby Banana Lobster » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:22 pm

I finally came up with an idea for NaNoWriMo, yesterday! XD I'm working out character and world specifics stuff now. I hope I'm ready in time!

A total Rise of the Brave Tangled Frozen Dragons fangirl and proud of it
Banana Lobster

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:36 pm

I would *love* to participate this year, but I think school's going to keep me too busy for the month of November to really work on writing my stories. :-/ Ah well. I wish the best of luck to all who are participating! :) Have fun everybody!
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby AdriTan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:56 pm

I'm so scared/ excited about it!!
Love Momma Flower @}~~,~
AdriTan

Postby Lynna » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:38 pm

Only one more day left after today...I have to figure out names for my character D: But I can't wait! I think it's going to go really well this year!
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
Lynna

Postby Winry » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:25 am

Less than a day to go! I'm excited! I'm going to try really hard this year to not get really far behind in the first couple of weeks like I usually do...
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby Okami » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:08 am

Today, I create my writing playlist.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby GeneD » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:25 am

I am currently in panic/freak out/OMG what am I doing mode.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby QtheQreater » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:19 pm

So. Very. Soon.

Good luck, everyone. May writer's block give you a clean miss tomorrow.
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby Psycho Molos » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:23 pm

Look in the status thread for my NaNo starting woes
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:44 pm

T minus two and a half hours.

I've got something of a plot. I've got characters. I've even got a couple scenes thought up. But as of now, I have no idea how to put it all together. And I'm probably not going to be able to do much writing this weekend.

Time to start flailing. As usual.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Okami » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:45 pm

Fifteen minutes. FIFTEEN MINUTES. asdfghjkl; FIFTEEN MINUTES. :eh: :dizzy:
Okami

Postby Banana Lobster » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:58 pm

And so it begins.

A total Rise of the Brave Tangled Frozen Dragons fangirl and proud of it
Banana Lobster

Postby Makachop^^128 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:01 pm

I really wanted to do this, this year, but I am soooo busy with school its not even funny O_O
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Okami » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:03 pm

So, with 11,550 words sitting before me, my novel has already taken three major plot turns that I hadn't been expecting. 1.) My main character (Okami) attempted suicide within the first 5,000 words. 2.) I laid down two viable options for her choose one or the other to take, and she bust through those and chose a third by a spur-of-the-moment decision. 3.) The characters I've been setting up as being against her suddenly revealed that they're doing what they're doing to her benefit for her strength. I have no idea what's going on, really. :sweat:
Okami

Postby Zeldafan2 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:17 pm

Okami (post: 1595569) wrote:So, with 11,550 words sitting before me, my novel has already taken three major plot turns that I hadn't been expecting. 1.) My main character (Okami) attempted suicide within the first 5,000 words. 2.) I laid down two viable options for her choose one or the other to take, and she bust through those and chose a third by a spur-of-the-moment decision. 3.) The characters I've been setting up as being against her suddenly revealed that they're doing what they're doing to her benefit for her strength. I have no idea what's going on, really. :sweat:

Wow.... You're story sounds realy interesting! :D

But, with this being my first year, I think I wrote a decent amount. However, I'm on a bit of a writers block in terms of where to take my story at the moment.

Its :bang: annoying.
Zeldafan2

Postby Lynna » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:30 pm

Sounds like fun, Okami XD
I wrote pretty much every spare moment I had during school today, including when I was supposed to be working, he he. And now I have over 2k. Which is really great. But so far...nothing too unusual has happened. I'm looking forward to having to make things up as I go along XD so it's a little boring. But I'm getting those words out!
Lynna

Postby Psycho Molos » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:37 pm

Kosh and B5 for the win!
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby QtheQreater » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:37 pm

2.5k reached. Got to stock up before Thanksgiving puts a halt to my writing sprints...

Dang, Okami. That's a lot of words.

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby Okami » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Finished my night at 13k about an hour and a half ago. Now to rest up before Youmacon this weekend (the reason behind writing so much today!)
Okami

Postby AdriTan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:07 am

O.O you write way fast! I only got to 1103 today but itl be easy to go way pass that tomorrow. I'm so excited!
Love Momma Flower @}~~,~
AdriTan

Postby acgifford » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:26 am

I' m going to do it too. But i didnt't start yesterday cuz i was too busy. Aaaaaand I dont know what Ifm going to write about yet...>>;
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:17 pm

I'm at 4K now. Glad to have a bit of wiggle room. \o.o/

So before November, I fretted about whether I'd get in as much humor as I'd hoped, since I've never tried to write humor before. Worrying about storytelling quality never occurred to me.

Everything I've written thus far is pretty crappy (beyond my regular first-drafting fare), but funnier than expected.

I'm calling it a triumph. :I
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby QtheQreater » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:58 pm

At 4.8k and I'm calling it a night, mostly because in about two minutes tomorrow will metamorphose into today.

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:08 pm

As if to mock me, the electricity here is dying constantly and I need to use my laptop battery for work. But I shouldn't complain, since I have decent numbers.
uc pseudonym

Previous Next

Return to Writing