NaNoWriMo 2012

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Postby QtheQreater » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:50 pm

5000 more words today. Never give up, never surrender!
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby Zeldafan2 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:05 pm

Less than 2000 words left till the 50,000 word goal! However, at the pace my story's going, its going to be somewhat over that number before I'm able to reach its conclusion. :shady:
Zeldafan2

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:15 pm

Zeldafan2 (post: 1600122) wrote:Less than 2000 words left till the 50,000 word goal! However, at the pace my story's going, its going to be somewhat over that number before I'm able to reach its conclusion. :shady:

I think the novel ending/WriMo ending disconnect is the typical experience. At least, I know it was the case for me last time --I did 50K in November but ended up working until midway through December to actually finish my novel. (At almost 83,000 words.) xD It looks like my novel's ending and my NaNoWriMo ending will be close this year, though, which I'm utterly shocked by.

Anyway, looks like I'll manage this year! As long as nothing horrendous happens I'm pretty sure I can bang out 6000 words in the next two days. My only worry is being able to log into the site on the 30th... >.>
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby QtheQreater » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:09 pm

GeneD (post: 1598468) wrote:Run, run, run as fast as you can! You’ll never catch me, I’m the gingerbread man!

You'd better run faster. :brow:

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby GeneD » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:10 am

QtheQreater (post: 1600139) wrote:You'd better run faster. :brow:

T_T Had like 2 minutes to write today.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Lynna » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:32 pm

The finish line is near for me, but think I'll save the triumph for tomorrow. I'm trying to at least put in some main scenes that I wanted to put it, to tie things up a little for my friend whose going to be reading this.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby QtheQreater » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:44 pm

*trips and rolls across the finish line*

Whee! Well, that was fun.

GeneD (post: 1600166) wrote:Image

T_T Had like 2 minutes to write today.

The 47118/47117 count on this was the highlight of my morning. I laughed. Taunting me with just one word was pure evil.

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby GeneD » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:45 am

I posted my words to validate and it counted 49998, so I went back all the way to the beginning and added "Chapter One". XD

QtheQreater (post: 1600225) wrote:The 47118/47117 count on this was the highlight of my morning. I laughed. Taunting me with just one word was pure evil.
:evil:

(You have no idea how tempted I am to add 38 more words right now.)

Good luck to everyone still making their way to the finish line. You can do it!
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:02 am

GeneD (post: 1600293) wrote:I posted my words to validate and it counted 49998, so I went back all the way to the beginning and added "Chapter One". XD

I finished my story (and then some, oof), and it counted eleven words under 49,989. xD I [s]stole[/s] took inspiration from your idea by going back to the beginning and giving a single-sentence description of where we were. xD

Anyways, this was awesome. Congrats to all the winners so far, and good luck to those still going!

To generate more discussion, how has your story changed from what you had in mind on November 1st? Did new characters appear and hijack things, or did you find yourself in a different genre? Or did you follow exactly the path you had planned?
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby eightluvver888 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:09 pm

7k words in a day, and I am DONE! Yay! NaNoWriMo #1 complete, with many more to come. I never want to see words again.:dizzy:
FllMtl Novelist (post: 1600295) wrote:To generate more discussion, how has your story changed from what you had in mind on November 1st? Did new characters appear and hijack things, or did you find yourself in a different genre? Or did you follow exactly the path you had planned?

I thought at first that I was only going to have one main character, but then two more (one of which is making a cameo appearance from another story I wrote) came along and just stuck with my character. Oh, and I didn't expect my story to end in a mental hospital, but that's the way it played out, and I think I did a pretty good job with my explanation.

La, la, la, happiness! :jump:
[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][font="Garamond"]Oh no, he's already fallen off one building today!
[SIZE="1"]MAL[/SIZE][/font]
eightluvver888

Postby Winry » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:51 pm

Finished with 3 hours to spare!

Congrats everyone else who won this year!
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby Banana Lobster » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:00 pm

I MADE IT! \^-^/ With just about a minute to spare!

Okay, I'm off to bed. Goodnight!

A total Rise of the Brave Tangled Frozen Dragons fangirl and proud of it
Banana Lobster

Postby Psycho Molos » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:08 pm

DAMMIT... :( I tried soooooo hard even cheated but I messed up my count and was actually a few hundred words off!!

Scheisse!!! Grrr Dissapointed in myself. I Suck....suck bad

I tried even pasting a paragraph over and over but I didn't have time to verify the count before midnight......

Next year NaNoWriMo will be better.....but now I'm still dissapointed.

I suck I suck I suck I suck I suck I suck

I even had "legal" cheating by using needed quotes from sourcebooks. but I still suck.

(I'll remember this year being so close and won't slack off or anything next year or I'll be so much harder on myself. I might even find something to flog myself with for real)
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:21 pm

Let's add up CAA's total words. I see 50037 from QtheQreator, 50k exactly from GeneD and FllMtl Novelist, and at least 50k from eightluvver888, Winry, and Banana Lobster. Adding mine, that gets us to...

396 319 words!

Anyone want to add or modify their number and get us over 400k?

FllMtl Novelist wrote:To generate more discussion, how has your story changed from what you had in mind on November 1st? Did new characters appear and hijack things, or did you find yourself in a different genre? Or did you follow exactly the path you had planned?

Planned path; if my outline is too flawed I know the novel isn't going to work out. Some secondary characters turned out different than I'd expected, the pacing of the central mystery got shuffled, and I had to drop a cool part of the climax because it didn't work anymore.

EDIT: Sorry, left the tab open a long time and missed Psycho Molos. 446 051 total... if we have another person or two, we could reach half a million.
uc pseudonym

Postby Psycho Molos » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:25 pm

-_- 49,732 So close.

(maybe I should "reward" myself by catching a movie with a certain Goulart sister....*gag*)
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby Lynna » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:40 pm

GOAL!
Of course, on my word cound it was 52,000, but the word count on NaNo seems to count less v.v
This is my first year winning! :D I'm so happy, but also so glad it's over. NaNo is a black hole that swallowed my November.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Zeldafan2 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:24 am

I was able to finish last night, with like 24 minutes to spare. Phew, I'm glad I was actually able to make it on my first year.

Lynna (post: 1600427) wrote:51,958
GOAL!
Of course, on my word cound it was 52,000, but the word count on NaNo seems to count less v.v
This is my first year winning! :D I'm so happy, but also so glad it's over. NaNo is a black hole that swallowed my November.

So totally this. I spent SOOO much time writing this November, I didn't have much time for other things.

To generate more discussion, how has your story changed from what you had in mind on November 1st? Did new characters appear and hijack things, or did you find yourself in a different genre? Or did you follow exactly the path you had planned?

I went into my story not really having a plan. Eventually, as I got further along, I finally figured out my conclusion, but initally hesitated to write it when I fully realized:

[spoiler] I was killing off my main character, and a previously thought trust-worthy friend turned evil.[/spoiler]

Also, I ended it with an epilouge where the characters were at a funeral, and that was very, very hard to write without crying. Probably the least enjoyable, yet most satisfying part of the story to write.
Zeldafan2

Postby Okami » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:55 am

So, a few thousand over the 30k point is where I gave up writing this month. I had to choose my own mental health and recovery over writing, and while that was difficult, I'm glad I did.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:55 pm

I won! But the story isn't over, I have one last big showdown to write.
Should be fun, probably do it in a few days/week.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby QtheQreater » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:34 pm

FllMtl Novelist (post: 1600295) wrote:To generate more discussion, how has your story changed from what you had in mind on November 1st? Did new characters appear and hijack things, or did you find yourself in a different genre? Or did you follow exactly the path you had planned?

I had nothing in mind on November 1st, so I guess this isn't the same, but...

I did end up changing the importance of an object as time went on. Somehow, even though it was the center point of my plot at the beginning, it lost its relevance. In other words, I accidentally created something of a MacGuffin. I think I will put its existence to rest in a better way than sheer forgetfulness when I edit.

Okami wrote:So, a few thousand over the 30k point is where I gave up writing this month. I had to choose my own mental health and recovery over writing, and while that was difficult, I'm glad I did.

Glad you didn't try to fry yourself. I was out of NaNo at less than 5k the first time I tried due to stressful life stuff. But hey, you've now got 30k+ that didn't exist before, and it will wait like a gleaming little gem to be rediscovered and refined at a later date.

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:06 pm

Congrats, everyone who made it. Perhaps I will join you next year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:53 am

Something like 630 000 words total, then. That's pretty good for CAA.
uc pseudonym

Previous

Return to Writing