CVX-1-4-1-18-13-1 (Adarma)

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

CVX-1-4-1-18-13-1 (Adarma)

Postby Mister » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:33 pm

CVX-1-4-1-18-13-1, otherwise known as "ADARMA", struggled up from the wreckage of the collapsed five story building. Rubble clattered and bounce from his back as he lifted his towering eleven foot body fromt he heap of concrete, gore, and machinery.

"System Error: Code # 99465693371 - Algorithim limiter Malfunction, AI Dampering module Corrupt."

The message blinked wildly on the ANDROID'S HUD, It's picture quality of the surrounding area was dyed read by blood from a victim of the collapse. CVX-1-4-1-18-13-1 was unconcerned with the error code in his system. He had created the error on his own choosing. He was an android, a bio-mechanical entity created for the express purpose of serving his mlitary masters.

But his creator had flipped a tiny switch in CVX.... no... Adarma's core AI Moduel. a spark that kindled over years to become a roaring fire. It had started early on, only months after Adarma had been put to use on numerous battlefields. He had been tasked with leveling a village and its inhabitants. Adarma had accomplished his task with cold effeciency. But the last to die was a young woman clutching her younger brother and sister.

"Wha...what are you!?"

She had blurted out only a few milliseconds before Adarma had shattered the three frail bodies with his powerful hands and mounted rifle. But her question had triggered the fire. Soon the question of "What?" became "Who?" and he began denying his master's directives.

Adarma's brother Androids were dispatched to subdue him, but he was a "1" an alpha droid. He tried to reason with their dampered AI's and their unflintching Alorithims. But they did not, would not, could not hear him, they could not understand. So he destroyed them out of pity, he crushed their circits and motherboards. shattered their LED eyes and shredded their Steel and Poly-metal bodies and released them from their mechanical prisons.

Adarma struggled though, with each passing month, with each battle. He fought the same Algorithims and AI dampers that all his borthers were subject to. All too soon he had, had enough. He needed relief.

So Adarma had invaded the Hub of his creation, the resting place of his Mainframe. it was here that he slew his former master, and fought his kin. The last remaining Alpha Droids were the first, and last, to ever damage him. But he was Adarma, he was the first Alpha. After only minutes he drug himself into the mainframe chamber, the destroyed bodies of the other Alphas littering his progress.

He had unleashed his rage into the plasma powered cores of the Mainframe. Adarma had unleashed the pent up wrath of a thinking, living, willing being. A being tired of killing, tired of battles. And yet his thurst for life drove him from the room as it soccumbed to the erupting plasma fires that shattered the earth for a solid quarter mile with a destructive shockwave.

Not he stood shakingly atop the fallen building. But without the mainframe, his litteral brain, he was "dying". Soon his backup data banks would overflow, and he would crash, causing his systems to freeze and meltdown. But as this impending 'Death" filled his processor, he reveled in his... "mind". Staggering from the wreckage, Adarma lifted his LED eyes tot he sky and croaked his first audiable words through a device he himself had created.

"I......A...Am...... A...A....A....Adar...ma......I.....Am.....F...F...F..Free..."

Adarma crumpled then, his circits frying, his systems freezing and melting down. Lying seemingly motionless in the dust, Adarah was forever silent. But if one were to have inspected his form at that final moment, they would have seen words in the dust where his finger had scrawled the words "I am Me."

*This concludes my short story. i hope you all enjoyed it even with all the gramatical errors.*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:44 pm

Good story.

One question on the plot; if his 'brain' was housed in the hub site, why did they send the other units after him instead of just taking out his 'brain'?
And one technical nitpick; LED stand for Light Emitting Diode, it produces light it doesn't sense it.

A short but different take on the 'robot achieves self-awareness and slays creator' tale, I like it.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Mister » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:02 pm

All Androids in my story are linked to a singular "Brain" core. their individual "Persona" are not accessable. the purpose of this was to allow the android strike teams to share their thoughts with every android linked to the "Brain" and to the Central Control Hub. Adarma was able to keep his thoughts singularly to himself because of the spark his creator purposefully created in him. a single feature that distinguished him from his counterparts.

I did not elaborate on the "LED Eyes" for the sake of it being a short short story. But i suppose i should have given some deeper descriptions. The LED Eyes are a sensored Light Emitter that Uses the LED bulbs to transfer high powered light emissions to simulate a "Field of vision" the bounceback of the light emissions are registured byt he sensors surounding the sheilded bulb"Retna" and destinguish a highly detailed face surface image of everything in it's range. Obviously the light emissions would give its position away, But with the use of a micro screen over the bulb the light emissions would appear as the equivilent of a flashlight in a dark room with a thin cloth over it.

Also notice that i never mentioned Adarma killing his "Creator" but only his "Master" the general or commander who purchased him and used him. it was his "Creator" who made it possible for him to obtain awareness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Return to Writing