NaNoWriMo 2011

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:15 am

50K reached!

Now to finish the story.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:19 am

I'm behind. :[ Going to have to really buckle down. (And I'm sure I'll have to go beyond 50K to finish the story, too. It'll be another crazy December.)

Out of curiosity, is anyone else paying attention to how many words per hour (or half-hour, or...) they're getting? When I'm focused exclusively on writing (I never multitask when writing fiction), I manage about 2K/hour.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Lynna » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:24 am

I'm too behind to get caught up with only around 25k, so I'm aiming for 30k, or just as much as I can get( And no, my mother will not let me skip sleep or school XD)
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Atria35 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:09 pm

FllMtl Novelist (post: 1518228) wrote:Out of curiosity, is anyone else paying attention to how many words per hour (or half-hour, or...) they're getting? When I'm focused exclusively on writing (I never multitask when writing fiction), I manage about 2K/hour.

I can get about 2500 an hour when I buckle down- sometimes over 3000 if I'm using Write or Die (google for it if you're curious).

I'm behind, but if I work at it, then I can catch up and hit 50000. Right now I'm just under 40000.
Atria35

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:50 pm

I was averaging ~2,100 the entire month until I took a few days off for Thanksgiving.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Winry » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:19 pm

Atria35 (post: 1518247) wrote:I can get about 2500 an hour when I buckle down- sometimes over 3000 if I'm using Write or Die (google for it if you're curious).

I just tried out that Write or Die thing. It is amazing! I am sad I didn't know about it until now or else I might not be so far behind XD It stresses me out a little beause of the timer, but it will be totally worth it if I can reach 50k!
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby Psycho Molos » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:50 pm

I fell into my yearly demons of slacking and micromanaging dates and details again since the latest part of my saga happens to be the last part of it that deals with franchisal cannonicity.

However, double checking, :/ *winces* there may be no escape totally from my micromanaging curse. :-(( Not completely however. Though aside from some details on the timeline and certain key parts of the period my story is now in...it's a bit more left open next year than this.

Go down to 3067, start there until 3081

Word of Blake Jihad

I mean LAST YEAR I had a real excuse which I should have used then and needed this year hahaha Last year to be honest, I had thought about just letting it go when I fell behind since my behind was being handed to me with my erupting wisdom tooth compacting the neighboring molar, but with last year being the first year I noticed that Scrivener bargain (or was it really the first year they did that?), I did what I usually wouldn't have done and started reading fanfiction and completely stripping down their plots and changed a few details around, adapted the dates and places as needed and plugged them in. Not plagiarism completely unless one was so completely conservative of the definition that a lump of coal would become a diamond with one's fist....I was, however using my own words and added my own details while doing this trick last year....

and I also went so far as to pad the word count with private channel chat logs from Second Life :P LOLZ

So I guess I let my unconquered demons go on purpose to make up for last year.

The true prize is the participation...right?
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby Atria35 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:31 pm

I'm just over the word count I needed to have for today. I did a major writing-thon and did over 5,000 words. I might finish today just to have it done.

EDIT: Hit 50,000, just need to confirm.
Atria35

Postby Psycho Molos » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:55 pm

-_- So glad that I'm still not alone even after Atria pinged the quota....

Hey Winry and GeneD feel free to keep me and Popyman company? :P pweeze?
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Psycho Molos

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:59 pm

I did it! Whoohoo!! \^o^/

Aaaaand I'll be working into December to finish the story. :l But 50K in a month! 50K! :3

FllMtl Novelist

Postby GeneD » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:25 am

YAY I am done too!!! What a relief, I really did not think I would make it this year and maybe my memory is faulty but it seemed MUCH harder than last year. My story is a super choppy, did not turn out at all how I set out to write it and in general a big mess, but it is my 50k of mess and I can now go and edit the living daylights out of it. \(^__^)/
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Winry » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:29 pm

A little over 3000 words to go. I think I'm gonna make it! =D
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Winry

Postby Atria35 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:43 pm

Go you, girl! You can do it, Winry!
Atria35

Postby Okami » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:26 pm

I just hit 100,000. And I'm calling this piece complete at 11:25pm.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:30 pm

You can do it Winry!

Edit: Good grief Okami. Way to go!

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Winry » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:02 pm

GeneD (post: 1518587) wrote:YAY I am done too!!! What a relief, I really did not think I would make it this year and maybe my memory is faulty but it seemed MUCH harder than last year. My story is a super choppy, did not turn out at all how I set out to write it and in general a big mess, but it is my 50k of mess and I can now go and edit the living daylights out of it. \(^__^)/

I had a similar experience, but..... I MADE IT! That's all that matters for now! =D Thanks everyone for the cheers!

Oooo I get to show this off:

Congrats to everyone else that finished!!!

.... and now for some relaxation time! XD

Winry

Postby Psycho Molos » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:10 pm

Oh well....at least I'm still not alone....though I wonder....if Popyman is still here and/or if he ever tried to do more...? or if he quit halfway...I think I'm going back to thinking I'm pathetic....

Psycho Molos

Postby Lynna » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:27 pm

So, I did not reach 50k, but I did reach 30k. Great Job everyone! And Okami, that's amazing! 100k? Really? Wow!
It's a real shock for it to be over. for 30 days, my main focus was NaNo. For 30 days, I was constantly absorbed by My novel and it's problems. Now, NaNo is over, and even if I didn't reach 50k, 30k is a HUGE amount for me! Especially with all the extra-curricular activities I've been doing! So, Even though I didn't win, I still feel like I won, in my own small way. Now I need to finish my Story, which, thanks to NaNo, I am around halfway through.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Psycho Molos » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:40 pm

Lynna (post: 1518711) wrote:So, I did not reach 50k, but I did reach 30k. Great Job everyone! And Okami, that's amazing! 100k? Really? Wow!
It's a real shock for it to be over. for 30 days, my main focus was NaNo. For 30 days, I was constantly absorbed by My novel and it's problems. Now, NaNo is over, and even if I didn't reach 50k, 30k is a HUGE amount for me! Especially with all the extra-curricular activities I've been doing! So, Even though I didn't win, I still feel like I won, in my own small way. Now I need to finish my Story, which, thanks to NaNo, I am around halfway through.

Wait I didn't even add you this year Lynna????

and YAY!!! Now I feel a little better now that you confirmed that you also tried and kept in touch here and also didn't make it.

Awww I wanna glomp so much!!! :hug::hug::hug:

Oh and I stop at 20K

Psycho Molos

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:35 pm

I did it, but I had to cheat a little bit: My word processor's count said I had 51K, but NaNo's said I had ~48.5K. I made up the difference with some Lorem Ipsum, because I had used my last stupid plot trick to pad out the words and there was no going anywhere from having a character get convinced she was in a book and start yelling at the author and I was not going to write another thousand words. But I'm a winner, and that's all that counts!

I'm still going to get the free bound books or whatever so I can flash them around and say I got printed and impress people who won't read them and won't how awful it actually is right now. And now, to do more important useless things with my time!
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:22 pm

56547. I'm done with this book!

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Winry » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:25 am

mechana2015 (post: 1518725) wrote:56547. I'm done with this book!

Nice!

Winry

Postby GeneD » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:53 am

Winry (post: 1518704) wrote:I had a similar experience, but..... I MADE IT! That's all that matters for now! =D Thanks everyone for the cheers!

Oooo I get to show this off:

Congrats to everyone else that finished!!!

.... and now for some relaxation time! XD
Congrats! And to everyone else who participated and won.

I also feel weird now that it is over but a huge amount of relief too. It is strange to come home from work and not have to go sit down and write.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Popyman » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:49 pm

I did horrible this year >_< I was sick off and on and, I dunno, I just didn't have the motivation that I did last NaNo. I think it had a lot to do with me using a story already in progress instead of a whole new work. From now on, I'm going to make sure I do something new.

Ironically, THIS month I'm writing a lot. XD Made it to 300 pages in my novel! ^^
Popyman

Postby ABlipinTime » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:12 am

Good job, peoplez!!!

@ Popyman

Finish what you start. That's more satisfying than repeatedly starting.
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Popyman » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:19 pm

Oh, I know, I just use November as a break. Working on one story all other months of the year can get tiring, it's nice to take a break from the familiar and write something new for a change. I'll always finish what I start. =D
Popyman

Postby Winry » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:09 pm

So now that it's almost a month after Nano... anyone else start editing his or her novel? I'm actually just starting to edit my Nano novel from last year. It's been pretty brutal since I have come to realize how much work needs to be done on it =P Just curious how everyone else's progress has been going.

Winry

Postby Esoteric » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:10 am

I'm doing 'JanNo' right now--trying to write 70k by the end of January. I'm currently behind, but even if I make it I'll need to do a lot of editing too. The scenes I'm writing are super choppy. Good luck with your editing!
Esoteric

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:53 am

I'm probably going to start editing one of my novels in january. I'm not really looking forward to it but hopefully it means I get good results.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:33 pm

I don't plan on reading my NaNo novel until partway through January at least. In the meantime, I'll edit its predecessor as much as I can.

FllMtl Novelist

Previous Next

Return to Writing