NaNoWriMo 2011

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:05 am

I'll probably be editing my 2010 novel, not my 2011. In universe chronology places that novel first, so it needs to be closer to set in stone before other things, just to avoid continuity issues.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Neko-Hime » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:51 am

I did quite well this year (finished on the 25!) but I'm not ready to edit it quite yet. xD I feel I need some time to step back and see it as a reader, not a writer.

In other news, I think I'm going to do JaNoWriMo. o.O Never done it before, but there's another story in my head that wants out, and I actually want to finish it. And Nano is the only time I finish anything of length. :'D
Neko-Hime

Postby Winry » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:25 pm

I didn't know there was such a thing as JanoWriMo either.... I think I need to actually feel like I have completed something before going on to something new so January will just be edit month for me =)

So what is everyone's editing method (maybe there aren't that many different ways to edit, but I am just curious)? I typically like to print it and do my edits on paper. I just feel it is more productive than editing on my computer.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby Neko-Hime » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:18 pm

I think JaNo is just a fanmade thing; from what I understand, there's no website... unless...
*googles*
Well, here. http://janno.ymakadomain.com/

I find that I can edit best when I print things out, but that takes sooo much paper and ink... I usually just edit on screen. I tend to miss things, though. >.> (like "piped" instead of "pipes" last year. Gah.)
Neko-Hime

Postby Esoteric » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:37 pm

There is something nice about a paper printout, but lately I've found that I only end up wasting paper if I print while a draft is still super rough (I'll only mark up a page or two before abandoning it). So now I slog through major edits on the computer and only print out for a typo/grammar run at the end.
Esoteric

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:49 pm

I haven't done much editing yet (unfortunately), but the book I'm going to edit I gave to a couple people to read a month or two back, read it through twice myself, and now I'll probably start with the biggest cuts/rewrites and work down from there.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Winry » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 pm

I had a friend of mine read the prologue and chapter 1 of the novel I am currently editing this last weekend. It always scares me to have someone I know read it, but it was very helpful.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Previous

Return to Writing