In the silence of flowers. A wonderful Wonderous Wonderland.

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

In the silence of flowers. A wonderful Wonderous Wonderland.

Postby Nami » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:42 am

Alycx sat, alone. Which was odd considering how little alone time he could gather these days. What with Charles always yanking him to other places and Rinalia constantly giving him those looks that made him think she could see to the very depths of his soul. He hadn't had much time to breathe. And it was comforting to sit among flowers that were not bigger than he. Quietly, the wind whispered a tale to the trees as the birds delighted the grass with their songs. Alycx closed his eyes and leaned back against the twisted trunk of the large oak. Oh, if only his days were always this peaceful.

The sun warmed his pale face, and he took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. If only-

A crash sounded, silence was destroyed by a loud shout and a man -of a fashionable nature- stumbled all bedraggled out of the bushes. His eyes widened when he spotted Alycx, clearly the target of his wandering intentions. He stumbled away from the clinging bush. Wacking angrily at what was still attached to his ankle. "Alice!" He called. In the annoying way he always did. Alycx groaned and clamped his eyes shut harder.

Why, oh why, was fate so cruel!?

"Alice! I've found you." Charles Landrake shouted waving his hand. As if Alycx were a deaf person. Alycx scowled darkly at his approaching companion, unfortunately the look was lost on the ever so slippery Hatter who stared at his face with concern.

"I say Alice, you really ought not sit out in the sun. It does horrible things to your face!" He scrunched his nose and then continued on; ignoring the heavy and obvious sigh that came from the younger man. "Now listen here, we've had a break through in our discoveries!! You'll never believe it." Charles gave a little chuckle and grinned, clearly waiting for praise.

"Yes?" Alycx said, eyes dull and flat. Irritation making him rude.

Charles looked hurt at first, "oh, um, well... the Cheshire Cat is actually quite smart! I had no idea. I thought he was just a singing, dancing lunatic."

Alycx gaped. What he really could not stand was an idiot. And the man before him, was ten times worse than the average moron back in London. In fact, he couldn't recall an instance where he had ever run into anyone as stupid as Charles. "Are you serious?"

"You too are astonished?"

"I'm astonished that a man, with such character, could come bursting in here like a herd of elephants and tell me something that has nothing to do with my being in this world!" Alycx fumed, standing now. Charles blinked, startled by the younger man's anger. He was used to anger, many people got angry, generally never at him though. He cocked his head to the side.

"Alice, are you quite alright?" He placed a slender hand on Alycx's shoulder, "maybe you should drink some tea, and eat cake. Oh! I know the best blueberry scones!" Charles blabbered on, getting carried away by cherry tarts, and pumpkin cadawonky with strawberry stars.

"My name is Alycx!! Like Alex! For the last bloomin' time!" Alycx snarled. "And I don't want cake, or tea. I want to find my sister and I want to go home." Alycx heartlessly brushed Charles' hand from his shoulder and stormed off into a peculiar bunch of flowers. Leaving Charles to wonder, what on earth was in that vanilla pudding they had eaten for lunch.

--------

Author's Note: When writing this story, it does me good to think of everything strange and hilarious. These two characters clash a lot. Charles, mostly never realizes just how irritating he can be. And Alycx, though he believed in stories before he came to Wonderland, is actually very practical. It makes it hard for him to be around Charles who knows better than anyone (excluding the Cheshire Cat), the wonders of Wonderland. See, Charles believes that everything and anything is possible. After all, he lives in a world where it is. Alycx is used to the hard life, where people are constantly berating him about what to do and be. I really, really love these characters. And I hope someday, you can share in their magical journey. ^_^ Putting these two together is just the best mixture, I really love where they take me. I hope you enjoy them! They are two of the most amusing people I've ever met.

This is not here for critique. I just thought people might like to read it. Thank you. ^_^
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:25 pm

I like how this is short, but interesting. (Two very opposing characters interacting is more interesting than two like characters would be.) Nice scene to pluck out of whatever you're working on right now. ^^
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Nami » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Thanks Fu! :D Oh, I've been working on that story in my head for a long time. XD But I lost what I was writing, though I remember most of the story line~ X3
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:08 pm

Nami (post: 1490417) wrote:Thanks Fu! :D Oh, I've been working on that story in my head for a long time. XD But I lost what I was writing, though I remember most of the story line~ X3

Ahh okay. That's sad. D: Write down what you have now! o.o

FllMtl Novelist

Postby Nami » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:01 am

XD; if I do that I'll forget it even more and get frustrated. It's better just to let it cook in the soup of my mind. XD
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:05 pm

Okay. It's up to you! ^^

FllMtl Novelist

Postby Nami » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:22 am

XD It's unfortunately how my mind works. If I write stuff down I forget all the details XD;;
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:13 pm

Would talking to someone about it help you remember? I just hate to see story ideas get forgotten. :< But again, it's totally up to you.

FllMtl Novelist

Postby Nami » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:12 am

XD Well, normally it helps. But really, I haven't forgotten most of the details. I keep running the story through my head so it stays fresh~ :D It's fine, I don't forget my stories easily and usually when they cook in my head, they become better. So maybe loosing my flash-drive was for the best~ :D Thanks though Fu! I'd be happy to talk to you about stories anytime~
Yours Truly,
Nami

Return to Writing