The Story of a Boy, and a Girl He Loved

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

The Story of a Boy, and a Girl He Loved

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:37 pm

The sun set over the bay, turning the water a fiery red. An evening breeze gently blew, ruffling the sails of the ships harbored there. A road twisted along the shoreline, separated from the water by a fence. On the other side of this road were benches, placed with trees overhanging to provide shade.
On one of these benches sat a girl, a hand clenched to her chest. Her dress was wet from tears that were even then still streaking their way down her face. As a man walked along the pathway, whistling quietly to himself, the girl looked up and tried to choke back a sob. The man noticed her and smiled, his weathered face browned by the sun. “Is there something wrong, lass?â€
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Darth_Kirby » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:23 pm

Very nice. :) Even though I predicted that old man was the lad in the story when he began the tale, it still gave the story a nice touch. Very genuine feeling. At least to me. :)
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:36 pm

Darth_Kirby (post: 1487331) wrote:Very nice. :) Even though I predicted that old man was the lad in the story when he began the tale, it still gave the story a nice touch. Very genuine feeling. At least to me. :)

Thanks. I kind of wrote it as an exercise to warm up, and lost my train of thought. So I finished it and went on, but I figured it was decent enough to post.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Nami » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:56 am

^_^ How heart-warming. It's pleasant in a bitter-sweet way. I don't know if you meant to, but it seemed as if someday he would be happy. Of course, I'm sure he's happy enough, but happier that is. ^_^ Its cute, sweet. I like it. ^_^ Good job~
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Destroyer2000 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:11 am

Nami (post: 1487530) wrote:^_^ How heart-warming. It's pleasant in a bitter-sweet way. I don't know if you meant to, but it seemed as if someday he would be happy. Of course, I'm sure he's happy enough, but happier that is. ^_^ Its cute, sweet. I like it. ^_^ Good job~

Thanks; the man was actually somewhat elderly. Maybe in his fifties.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

Destroyer2000

Postby Nami » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:32 am

I know. ^_^ I realized from the line; his weathered face browned by the sun which would imply, he is elderly. ^_^ Still, people get married/fall in love at that age! XD
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Destroyer2000 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:34 am

True! Like I said, it was just a short piece, but I'm glad you enjoyed it.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

Destroyer2000

Postby Nami » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:36 am

Well, if this is the way you write~ I honestly can't wait to see what else can be coaxed from that brain of yours~
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Destroyer2000 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:38 am

This was...eh, mediocre. It was nice, but I've done so much better. I'm not bragging! I'm my own worst critic. I'll send you some of my better work, if you like. Tho' I did like the accent, using 'lass' and 'lad' - I've never done that before, and it was fun.

Thank you very much, though. Nothing quite like someone appreciate a writer's work to keep them going.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

Destroyer2000

Postby Nami » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:51 am

XD Really? This is mediocre? Well, you must have a mountain of creativity placed deep inside your head then. ^_^ Oh, I'd love to read more of what you've written. ^_^ That would be wonderful~

XD Isn't it fun doing new things? I myself have yet to use 'lad' and 'lass' so many times in a story, hinting at the accent that is a hop-skip-and-jump away from reality. ^_^ Its nice. I like it.

You're welcome! :D I quite know the feeling~
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby acgifford » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:22 am

I loved that! :D That was wonderful!<3
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby Mister » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:20 pm

i laughed, i cried, i sincerely loved it! IT WAS SO FRIGGIN EMOTIONALLY AWESOME!

(is friggin a word i can't say? cause i don't want to say friggin if i'm not allowed to say friggin...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby ST. Attidude » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:53 am

Destroyer2000 (post: 1487332) wrote:Thanks. I kind of wrote it as an exercise to warm up, and lost my train of thought. So I finished it and went on, but I figured it was decent enough to post.

It was definitely worth it. :) Thanks for sharing!

What I noticed about writing, its the risk-takiing that makes a story great.
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Return to Writing