Skyriders, er something like that. XD

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Skyriders, er something like that. XD

Postby Ella Edric » Tue May 03, 2011 5:38 pm

My new novel idea I had a few days ago! It came up while I was listening to music(I know, Ella inspired by music again, what a shock. @.@) and I quickly came up with characters and a basic story for it! I have no idea whether this is just a random inspiration that won't last long, or a random inspiration that will bloom into something good. XD; Idk. Anyway, enough ramblings, heres the story. It's only a quick first draft I wrote like an hour ago. Haha

Chapter 1: How It All Began

"Help me!!" cried Clara desperately as she writhed and struggled to get free from the pirate's grasp. She was able to pull away briefly, but the brawny man reclaimed her by the arms once more. She let out a roar of desperation and anger.
Flynn quickly swung around in Clara's direction. "Clara!" he cried as he continued to fight off the men surrounding him. Once he had finally cleared a way through them, it was to late, for when he looked up Clara was being hauled into the pirates airship and it was about to lift off.
"Flynn!!" she cried out. He ran as fast as his legs would take him leaping over and dodging any obstacle that stood in his way, but alas he was too late. The airship had lifted off and was too far out of reach for him to get to Clara.
"I'll find you!!" he cried, leaning over the rails, reaching his hand out to her out of reach hand. "I promise..." He watched the ship fly off into the distance and pounded his hand on the metal railing.

It's not much yet, but there will be more to chapter 1. :) Thanks for reading! :hug:
[color="LightBlue"]"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." --Thomas Jefferson [/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Pink"]~Proud member(and starter), of the sisterhood of CAA.~ [/color][/font]
[color="YellowGreen"]Furen: Without you Canada would be feeling bad. we'd all be depressed [/color]
CognitiveGear 07:08 - I hear that Jesus is a pretty rad dude who teaches us to love everyone.
[color="Silver"]Midknight74012 09:04 - Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours, doesn't mean you can borrow mine[/color]
[color="Red"]@)}~`,~[/color] [color="SeaGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="RoyalBlue"]This is MOES[/color]:dance:
Ella Edric

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Tue May 03, 2011 8:42 pm

Cool. ^^

I like that you've posted a short section so [s]I didn't wander off because I'm lazy[/s] I could focus. XD;

It could use some line editing, but that's expected because it's a first draft.

One thing I'd like to see (and it's totally fine that you haven't done this already) is a description of what your characters look like.

The title's cool. The story involves planes and piloting and stuff, yes? I'm excited to see what you do with this.

Keep writing--I want to see more! ^.^/
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Ella Edric » Tue May 03, 2011 8:56 pm

[quote="FllMtl Novelist (post: 1476471)"]Cool. ^^

I like that you've posted a short section so [s]I didn't wander off because I'm lazy[/s] I could focus. XD]

Thanks! :D And yeah, I know the lines were rather lame. And character descriptions are coming up, just you wait. XD Or you could check out my art thread where I'll have the drawings up. XD

The story will sorta involve that, but you'll see. ;)
[color="LightBlue"]"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." --Thomas Jefferson [/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Pink"]~Proud member(and starter), of the sisterhood of CAA.~ [/color][/font]
[color="YellowGreen"]Furen: Without you Canada would be feeling bad. we'd all be depressed [/color]
CognitiveGear 07:08 - I hear that Jesus is a pretty rad dude who teaches us to love everyone.
[color="Silver"]Midknight74012 09:04 - Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours, doesn't mean you can borrow mine[/color]
[color="Red"]@)}~`,~[/color] [color="SeaGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="RoyalBlue"]This is MOES[/color]:dance:
Ella Edric

Postby DangoDaikazoku » Tue May 03, 2011 10:56 pm

YES!! Ella is writting again. I can't wait until the plot develops futher. I am stalking this thread now (o_o)
Thank You For Your Time,
DangoDaikazoku
DangoDaikazoku

Postby Nami » Wed May 04, 2011 6:55 am

Very nice. It could become a real gem. ^_^ I look forward to more. X3
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby ABlipinTime » Wed May 04, 2011 4:47 pm

Ella Edric (post: 1476437) wrote:Flynn quickly swung around...
"Flynn!!" she cried out. He ran as fast as his legs would take him leaping over and dodging any obstacle that stood in his way, but alas he was too late.

Are we going to see Tron in this one?

sorry, I couldn't resist; I just came from the Tron thread.

Looks interesting. Other things that come to mind: Laputa and Last Exile
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed May 04, 2011 6:28 pm

Ella Edric (post: 1476473) wrote:Thanks! :D And yeah, I know the lines were rather lame.

I think you misunderstood what I meant by 'line editing'. It's not just dialogue, it's the grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc., of everything. Or maybe I've misunderstood you, and you didn't misunderstand at all; figured I'd clarify though, so you wouldn't give yourself a hard time about your dialogue (because it's fine). XD;

And you're welcome! ^^ I'll go monitor your art thread even more closely now. XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Return to Writing