The Third Panel: Introduction and Brainstorming

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

The Third Panel: Introduction and Brainstorming

Postby OfficerSting » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:38 pm

Recently, I started an RP called Final TriggerBound Dragon Star of Mana. I got to thinking about the characters I made called Ilmig Airom and Kelley Dee, and I decided that I should write a story about them and post it here.

Out of respect for the other RP'ers, I will not be using their creations in this story. Also, for those of you familiar with the RP, this story I will be writing exists independently from the RP: what happens in this story does not change what happened in the RP and vice versa. As such, there will be many differences between the two.

Anyway, this thread is meant solely as an place for me to brainstorm ideas. I welcome all feedback and suggestions, and I will give thanks and credit if your suggestion helps.

Here are the bare basics. I post specific ideas later.

Setting
The entire setting is both an affectionate parody of JRPG's and a deconstruction of them also. The planet where the story takes place is called Grilpoves. All the trappings of a traditional RPG, like dragons, anachronisms, magic, and airships exist. However, this creates as many horrible situations as it does wonderful.

Story
Former Archmage of the Magocracy of Ermesh Kelley Dee has been hunting down a man named Ilmig Airom for quite some time.

Ilmig Airom is not a dark lord or a man seeking to destroy the world; rather, he is but a terrorist and serial killer who causes nothing but destruction and suffering wherever he goes.

Ilmig Airom is no small timer, however. In his few years as a wanted man, he has killed thousands of important people. The sheer number of powers he has, such as shapeshifting and teleportation, are staggering.

Ilmig only cares about causing sorrow, so he isn't picky about exactly who he kills, just so that many lives a ruined as a result. Also, he doesn't care about power or money.

Kelley's family was murdered by Ilmig, so Kelley stepped down from his post as Archmage and started his pursuit of Ilmig alone.

Kelley can tell where Ilmig is twenty-four hours in advance because of a deal he made with the King of Faeries. Kelley can foresee Ilmig's location in one day, but if someone is in need, he must reach out to that person or lose his foresight. This has lead to Kelley always being a few steps behind Ilmig.

As far as narrative devices are used, the story I plan to post is heavily inspired by Baccano! and Durarara, as their is no real main character, and the perspective keeps changing between the characters.

More to come. Suggestions and critique are most welcome.
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." [SIZE="2"]Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)[/SIZE]
OfficerSting

Return to Writing