Shinigami's Journey

Unleash your creative writing skills here.

Shinigami's Journey

Postby jsav777 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:43 pm

I got board so decide to start writing a story. It's about Death/ The grim reaper and his son Shinigami. Though Death is the epitome of evil his son doesn't have seemed to inherited that. Shinigami is Death's archival, though he often struggles to fight his evil nature he inherited from his dad. Some of my influences were: Soul Eater, The Showdown by Ted Dekker and Darth Vader (haven't watched star wars in 4 year though). I'm still not to sure about the name of the story so that may change. Here's what I have so far, feel free to tell me what you think.

Chapter 1: The Reaper
Dead end behind, blood red moon hovering above and in front? In front was Death and the fools who dared get in his way, one of which being my own brother. In front was the collection of all fear, all madness, all insanity, the scourge of humanity. In front was young Shinigami’s Father, whose hands were red with the blood of thousands, whose heart cared nothing of the life of his sons, of the suffering he caused, of his own soul. No, he’d given up all of that long ago. His son eldest son Kurashi, his wife Fuyuko, his soul, all lose ends dealt with. All ties to the past cut. All except the Lone Shinigami.

Death stood in the red moonlight wearing nothing but black. His torn black trench coat, spiked black boots, black studded wear, and black hair made him look more like a serial killer or punk singer than The Grim Reaper. But that he was an the blood on his Great Scythe proved that much. Shinigami stood opposite of his Father and looked like the opposite as well. Shinigami’s white jacket, white jeans and white hair reflected the polarity between the two.

There’s gotta be some way out of here. Shinigami nervously scanned the dark alley he was slowly backing into. His eyes darted from wall to wall until they stopped on Kurashi’s body. That should be you Shinigami! Look at what you’ve done! The voices nagged and gnawed away at his mind until he was nearly broken down. What have I done! He wanted to scream. He wanted to die. But mostly he wanted revenge. Revenge for the pain Death had caused, for the things he made Shinigami do.

“Just give up pup, there no hope for you now,â€
jsav777

Return to Writing